The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

On 03/06/2017 at 11:08, villa4europe said:

Hasn't the president refused to put up the money for their registration to the 3rd division somtheyve automatically dropped to the 4th tier, which I think is amateur level

The Guardian are reporting that the relegation in that scenario would be to the fifth tier :(

1860 Munich face demotion to Germany’s fifth tier over unpaid licence

The former Bundesliga team 1860 Munich face demotion to Germany’s fourth or fifth tier after failing to meet a deadline for a third-division licence.

4536.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

1860 were due to make a payment of reportedly €5m to €10m to the German football federation for the licence by Friday afternoon, but their financial backer Hasan Ismaik said through his company HAM that he was not prepared to pay it because 1860 “refuses to make necessary changes to solve the many issues facing the club”. Ismaik, a Jordanian billionaire who owns 60% of 1860, was the club’s only hope of meeting the payment deadline.

1860 were relegated from Germany’s second division on Tuesday after a play-off defeat to Jahn Regensburg, a team who were playing fourth-tier football the season before.

Despite missing the payment, Ismaik said he will continue to support the club at the fourth or fifth level “and push forward necessary changes”. The statement added: “His emotional ties to 1860 and his loyalty to the fans remains strong. The financial commitment to the beneficial work of TSV 1860 is also not affected by the aforementioned business decision.”

Ismaik is at loggerheads with those remaining at the club over changes he wants pushed through that 1860 said on Thursday “the club cannot fulfill for legal and organisational reasons”. The Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper reported that Ismaik, who only has 49% voting rights at 1860 in line with the Bundesliga’s 50-plus-1 regulation, has made his financial support dependent on conditions that would have given him more power. The 50-plus-1 rule seeks to limit the influence of external backers.

Ismaik, who did not attend Tuesday’s play-off defeat, has denied any responsibility for the club’s plight and accused management of “unscrupulous power struggles”. President Peter Cassalette and chief executive Ian Ayre resigned on Tuesday, leaving vice-presidents Heinz Schmidt and Hans Sitzberger in charge.

The play-off loss at home was marred by violence from angry fans. Around 1,000 riot police lined up to prevent the situation escalating as the game was held up for 15 minutes.

5568.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

1860 had the third most expensive squad in the second division after Stuttgart and Hannover, who both secured their return to the Bundesliga. 1860 finished third from botom, leading to the play-off against the third division’s third-place finisher.

1860, who won the Bundesliga in 1966 and played in the top flight as recently as 2004, returned to the third level for the first time in 24 years, but Friday’s missed deadline means they will drop even further. 1860’s under-21, under-19, under-17 and under-16 teams were also relegated this season.

Depends what Dortmund want to do really.

Sell on a few of their talented youngsters and win some cups and they can get away with a tier 2 manager.

They should be challenging Bayern Munich much more. I actually feel a pragmatic manager would be a better bet as they really are hopeless at the back. Ajax weren't much better so think they'll be a long way behind Bayern again.

11 hours ago, steve1986 said:

My beloved Schalke are about to sack their manager again, if they don't get Tuchel it is a disaster.

It's got to be hasn't it?  Might be worth a bet.

theres a few of them i dont even recognise from FM, 16 players with 10 or less caps, 23 year old draxler is the most capped player with 29 caps, henrichs, sule, brandt, goretzka and werner are all FM wonderkids, makes that tournament interesting

DABm0GBXcAA7JUH.jpg

their squad for the euro U21s then includes stark, tah, gerhardt, meyer, dahoud, gnarby, phillip (signed for dortmund yesterday for £20m)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, V01 said:

Domenico Tedesco?

31 years old with a managerial career of 11 games. Have they done a Sherwood?

Julian Nagelsmann has done OK, maybe thats their theory and not Sherwood ;)

On 10/06/2017 at 11:31, Zatman said:

Julian Nagelsmann has done OK, maybe thats their theory and not Sherwood ;)

Yeah that's watertight logic.

Apparently he worked with Nagelsmann for a bit at Hoffenheim and did a good job with the Bundesliga 2nd team he took over last season.

Schalke should be doing a lot better with the squad they have. They remind me a lot of Newcastle.

On 6/12/2017 at 20:22, VillaChris said:

Apparently he worked with Nagelsmann for a bit at Hoffenheim and did a good job with the Bundesliga 2nd team he took over last season.

Schalke should be doing a lot better with the squad they have. They remind me a lot of Newcastle.

Curious as to how they are like Newcastle?

He got 20 points from 11 games with a poor team in the BL2 hopefully he will be decent, I have reservations.

11 hours ago, steve1986 said:

Curious as to how they are like Newcastle?

He got 20 points from 11 games with a poor team in the BL2 hopefully he will be decent, I have reservations.

Big support, industrial area, hardly every win anything etc.

Last time they won Bundesliga (if it was even going then) was 1958.

Sure there is some PR-firm who is raking in millions for designing it. :)

I like it thou, no need to change it.

Does kinda remind me of when the new stadium they built in Gothenburg was to be named and they hired a famous local author to do it.

What he came up with?

The stadium was previously named "Old Ullevi" and is now called "New Old Ullevi" (if you translate from Swedish)

They guy behind the name, Sture Allén got paid £ 4000 for brainstorming this gem of a name.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know what they rules are over moving games for TV in germany?

mentioned before ive got my stag do in cologne booked for the end of september, match day 7, schalke vs leverkusen or koln vs leipzig, would love the schalke game but can see it getting moved

any advice on getting 12 tickets would be appreciated too!

Four games a week are selected. One on Friday evening, one on Saturday at 5.30 and then two on Sunday so similar to prem. I also read they were thinking of adding Monday night games although not sure if it will be this season.

Decent chance both those games will be moved although Leipzig might stay on the Saturday at half 2 if they have a CL game the following week.

Â