The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Aubameyang is great in the Bundesliga but I've been a bit underwhelmed by his performances in the champions league, he snatched at a fair few chances against Monaco and also missed a penalty v Benfica.

Good striker who'd improve many premier league teams but not sure his level is quite as high as Lewandowski. 

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Forsberg absolutely sensational first half against Bayern. What a player he is. 

18 assists in the league.

And he got the penalty for them.

• Like 1

Bayern win. :detect: 3 goals in last 5 minutes.

In fairness would've been much better for the league if this match had taken place 6 weeks ago, Leipzig lacked the intensity to hang on.

Meanwhile at the bottom Hamburg use their 100th live in the last 4 seasons to relegate Ingolstadt.

I thought it was a basic Uefa dosen't allow two clubs controlled by the same person/company into the same european competition just in case they play each other.

So RB salzburg made the qualifiers of CL so potential for them to be drawn in same group if they went through.

I agree it would be ridiculously harsh on the players who've been brilliant and fully deserve to play in the competition. 

its the man at the top who cant own 2 clubs, red bull just give ownership to 2 different directors, problem solved

giampolo pozzo owns udinese, officially his son gino owns watford, someone else did own granada for him (sold to a chinese man now)

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hamburg vs Wolfsburg next week is a decider for relegation play-off

Whats happened to Wolfsburg. They were the main challengers to Bayern a couple of years ago now its Leipzig. Will they end up selling all their best players and go the same way. 

BVB seem to be running out of steam (not surprisingly in many ways) and there are mutterings in the German press that Tuchel could be on his way out. He was a bit vocal over playing Monaco so soon after the bomb attack (which I agree was a daft decision), which I gather (from the ropey google translation) didn't go down too well. Some of the players have been anonymously complaining about the boss too. Add in the rumours about Aubameyang, Reus and Dembele and it adds up to what looks like a period of turmoil at Signal Iduna.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hamburg look like doing it again. the guy 1st Bundesliga goal by looks of it

The German Villa!

Â