The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Dortmund just equalised at 10 man Leverkusen. Might keep Boaz in the job for another week.

More amusing is Paul Lambert is doing the co-commentary on the match. :ph34r:

More amusing when he is made manager in next month ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Dortmund new manager giving Djibrill Cisse and Jean II Makoun a run for their money.

680.jpg

I like him already based on that ensemble. 

Horrendous use of VAR in the Freiburg game just now.

Nils Pietersen goes down in the penalty area. Ref waves it away. A full two minutes elapse and then play is suddenly stopped. Ref then awards the penalty for that incident.

Replay shows Pietersen tripped himself. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Huge end to the season in the battle for the European spots, amazingly Schalke are 2nd still, just hope they can keep up their winning record (especially on the 15th when I am there) against Dortmund. Koln and Hamburg look like they are finally going to bite the bullet, I had hopes that Koln would get out of it, but that result last weekend looks pretty damning. 

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

I'm not giving up on Koln yet, but Hamburg look dead certs to go down finally.

Think last weekend was such a hammering that it looks inevitable. The run in they have is do able but they are going to have to win almost all their remaining matches now and hope for some form of miracle (but they have since Christmas anyway)

On 07/04/2018 at 04:53, VillaChris said:

Koln have Mainz at home who are terrible. Win that and they're only three points off  the play off.

Managing a draw definitely hurts their chances but with games still to come against Hertha, Freiburg & Wolfsburg they definitely can still pick up wins. Although Mainz have similar opportunities. Hamburgs last 5 slightly tougher (playing 3 European contenders as opposed to 2). 

Another do or die for Kaiserslautern today.  Five games to go and five points from (playoff) safety.  At least we've given ourselves a chance of late.  Even averaging a point per game yet somehow rock bottom because the entire middle of that league is ridiculously congested.

Four points separating 4th from 15th.

6af29dc93a1dc04d43de011e3778fb5f.png

More shambolic use of VAR I'm afraid.

Ref blew for half time in Mainz-Freiburg. At that point with the players walking to the dressing rooms he decides to have a wander and look at a possible penalty incident.

Two minutes later he awards a penalty. Withh the freiburg team in the dressing room.

Five minutes later Mainz score the penalty and they all walk off for half time again.

It has to be better than this. The World Cup will be carnage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â