The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

4 hours ago, sne said:

schalke-dortmund-fan-bartra

From the Schalke - Dortmund game this weekend.

Imagine the reaction she got when Aubameyang scored and she was the only one celebrating :D

The fans don't kick off with each other in the seating sections like they would in England, as long as the away fans don't infiltrate the standing sections there is no trouble. I was at the game and we saw no trouble inside or outside the ground again, English fans could learn a thing or two. 

Schalke should have won the game too, disgraceful decision in the 90th minute to not give them a penalty when Bartra handled it in the box, would have been an amazing way to win the derby. On Sunday I was at the Stuttgart v Dynamo Dresden game too, around 10,000 away fans and the atmosphere was incredible! We were sat next to them in the home stand, but were surrounded by away fans (again no trouble). The game was on BT Sport if anyone saw it they'll know how good it was, 3-3 with a 94th minute penalty for Stuttgart having been 3-0 down. I would put some pictures on here, but I can't work out how to make the pictures smaller. Finally, I would love us to sign Simon Terodde he is class.

• Like 4

Amazing battle shaping up for the relegation play off, involves pretty much half the league.

Ausburg and Mainz who were safely in mid table a few weeks back are now properly in it as Bremen have hit amazing form and of course Hamburg at this stage suddenly play like champions league contenders.

I wouldn't rule out Ingolstadt from a great escape either. I've watched a fair few games since they got the new coach in and they've got some good results and been really unlucky in a lot of other games so think they can win a few more before the end of the season starting with Darmstadt on Wednesday which is a must have three points.

3 hours ago, steve1986 said:

The fans don't kick off with each other in the seating sections like they would in England, as long as the away fans don't infiltrate the standing sections there is no trouble. I was at the game and we saw no trouble inside or outside the ground again, English fans could learn a thing or two. 

Schalke should have won the game too, disgraceful decision in the 90th minute to not give them a penalty when Bartra handled it in the box, would have been an amazing way to win the derby. On Sunday I was at the Stuttgart v Dynamo Dresden game too, around 10,000 away fans and the atmosphere was incredible! We were sat next to them in the home stand, but were surrounded by away fans (again no trouble). The game was on BT Sport if anyone saw it they'll know how good it was, 3-3 with a 94th minute penalty for Stuttgart having been 3-0 down. I would put some pictures on here, but I can't work out how to make the pictures smaller. Finally, I would love us to sign Simon Terodde he is class.

What did you think of watching Dembele live Steve? To me he has all the tools to be the best player in the world in about 5 years time once the present generation start to fade away.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What did you think of watching Dembele live Steve? To me he has all the tools to be the best player in the world in about 5 years time once the present generation start to fade away.

Was a strange one to be honest, he was electric at times, but he has been played through the middle recently and excelled ,however, they put him on the right on Saturday up against Coke (who hadn't played all year) which was a massive mismatch, so I don't think I saw a true reflection.

I think he will be a huge player, his footwork is incredible, he had an early chance and wasted it. If I was offered Sane or Dembele, I would still pick Leroy, he has aerial prowess which Dembele doesn't have and is more likely to score.

Emil Forsberg with another 2 assists today.

That's 15 for the season and 8 goals to go along.

Really impressed with his development.

Edit: The assist for the first goal today was rather special. Zlatan would be proud of that one.

Edit: turns out he's actually on 13 assists. The site i was looking at did live updates during games.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Second tier is shaping up for a helluva run in, top four separated by two points!

Yep it certainly is.  It's like no-one wants to go up.  Or rather there's no remarkable candidate.  The leader can't even muster 2pts per game.  Doesn't bode well for the playoff club.  They'll probably be battered.

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep it certainly is.  It's like no-one wants to go up.  Or rather there's no remarkable candidate.  The leader can't even muster 2pts per game.  Doesn't bode well for the playoff club.  They'll probably be battered.

Stuttgart seem to be the best team, but just seem to not be arsed to get out of second gear. Their two last minute equalisers in their last two games are going to be prove to be massive, aren't they?

TBPH I don't really care :lol: WTF is going on at the Betze.  We should be challenging every year and should be in the top flight far more than we are :angry:

17 hours ago, sne said:

Emil Forsberg with another 2 assists today.

That's 15 for the season and 8 goals to go along.

Really impressed with his development.

Edit: The assist for the first goal today was rather special. Zlatan would be proud of that one.

Having the same effect that De Bruyne had for Wolfsberg that one season. Hope he is player of the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

It's reported that Steve Round and Tony Coton were at the recent Hannover vs Union Berlin game. Who do we reckon they were looking at? Hoping it's Salif Sane or Martin Harnik. Felix Kroos maybe?

I thought Harnik might've been a decent pick up last summer, surprised no Bundesliga team signed him and he went to another second Bundesliga side.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Marc Bartra managed to track down the woman in the photo and give her a signed jersey.

C8uVYPPXoAALwxa.jpg

Good stuff! 

Her husband is a Schalke fan and he offered Bartra one of their shirts, which he politely refused!

• Like 1

Â