The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I was in Frankfurt last weekend and Aston Villa need a song to get it all started. They first sang a hymn of Eintracht and then there was a kind of rock song they sang, very impressive.

My swedish team walk in to this and its amazing every time.

It never seems to happen at the Villa.  We walked out to this for years:

Then whoever was in charge of the announcements decided to keep changing it so there is no tradition. It's one of the things which genuinely annoys me.  You can make anything stick if you play it for long enough.  Everton have came out to the theme from a bloody television program for 50 years and they go nuts when it gets played. We should have that but we wont because somebody who works upstairs likes Kasabian and the Foo Fighters.  <_< 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

imagine if Rooney was to go to Man City, What would the Manure reaction be? 

I guarantee you, nothing like this. English football, where have we lost it?  :(

Emotional, he tried his best not to cry. I'm disapointed in him for joining Bayern Munich though. The top Dortmund players should stay with them with them and try and compete with Bayern Munich. They are the only club who could compete with Bayern if the top stars stayed.

• Like 1

I don't know why they "should" stay. I can see why we want them to stay for entertainment, but he's going to a better side with lots of the worlds best players and getting a massive pay rise.

Edit: that video really is awesome though. I don't know exactly why I love it so much, but that's a really great moment for him and all their supporters. He's had a great 4 years there, helped transform their club. I'm sure he's a little regretful leaving.

Still a tad bitter he didn't end up at rovers. Damn Icelandic volcano. ;)

Edited by Rovers13

Class from Dortmund fans.   I don't think you would see this in England, you certainly wouldn't see it down the Villa. 

didn't we give Milner a really good reception when we knew he was going to City

We got a lot of money for Milner though.  Lewandowski refused to sign any contract offered to him so that he could join Bayern on a free transfer.  I guess scoring the winner for Dortmund against Bayern in the cup final will be a great way to repay the Dortmund fans who have been so kind to him. 

We got a lot of money for Milner though.  Lewandowski refused to sign any contract offered to him so that he could join Bayern on a free transfer.  I guess scoring the winner for Dortmund against Bayern in the cup final will be a great way to repay the Dortmund fans who have been so kind to him. 

A better way would be if he signed a contract.That way Dortmund would get a fee for him, this way they will get nothing. 

Clicky...

Großkreutz in kebab assault

400710_heroa.jpg

The Borussia Dortmund utility man has apologised after he allegedly threw a kebab at a man shouting his name in Köln on Sunday.  Police in Köln have confirmed Borussia Dortmund's Kevin Großkreutz was involved in a late night altercation on Sunday.

The 25-year-old was out with team-mate Julian Schieber when he was spotted by a 34-year-old man, who promptly shouted out his name.  The Germany international responded by throwing a doner kebab at the man, who went to the police, claiming that his eyes were burning after being hit in the face by it.

"It is true that a complaint was filed against Mr Großkreutz. We have started a criminal case for willful injury," a police spokesman has confirmed.

Schieber, meanwhile, has leapt to the defence of his friend and team-mate, claiming he came in for hostile treatment from Köln fans.  "There was a group of young fans who sang songs about Kevin. He felt that they were mocking him and threw his kebab."

Großkreutz has apologised for his actions, admitting they were ill thought out.  "I perceived the situation as insulting and it offended my privacy," he said.

"Of course, it would have been better if I hadn't thrown the doner in public. There is no doubt that this situation isn't ideal. I'm sorry."

Wonderful.   :clap:

Edited by GarethRDR

Â