Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Guaranteed to lose a wicket in the first couple of overs tomorrow. 

Yep.  Or actually score 150 more runs then lose one and a collapse to follow. 

Christ supporting England leaves you almost as brow beaten as following Villa😂😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Great comment, but not as bad as supporting Warwickshire ! Does anyone down there know what they are doing ? Bowled out against Hants by a player who they let go - Barker. I'm hardly an expert but could never see the sense in that, unless he really wanted to go. Left arm, pacey and could bat. Needs to look at Management I think.

26 minutes ago, veloman said:

Great comment, but not as bad as supporting Warwickshire ! Does anyone down there know what they are doing ? Bowled out against Hants by a player who they let go - Barker. I'm hardly an expert but could never see the sense in that, unless he really wanted to go. Left arm, pacey and could bat. Needs to look at Management I think.

He wanted to go. As for the game yesterday I tweeted Brian Halford who was twittering from the game and asked if the pitch was "doing a bit" and he said not as much as the score suggested (and that was during Hants innings). All round the country wickets were tumbling, except at the test!

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Still all three results possible but the draw is favourite. Hameed has batted very well. Malan never looked confident against Jadeja. 

Yeah its not ideal for left handers with the rough being outside their off stump. Much easier for the right handers against Jadeja on this pitch.

You'd have thought this would be a draw but I can't help but think that if Root was to get out early then it might start to give England the jitters a bit.

The flight of the swallow, pretty girls in summer dresses, a cold drink in a warm garden, drumstick tans, the breeze in the trees, a deck chair on a packed beach and an England mid-order collapse - summer is here again and all is right in the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep.  Or actually score 150 more runs then lose one and a collapse to follow. 

Like I said............

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do I only notice it because I watch them more or is it only England that suffer catastrophic batting collapses so often?

Guess its more normal when you have a weak middle order. In the days of Trott, Bell, KP, Collingwood  it didnt happen so often 

So once again we have Woakes right down the order who has already scored more than Moeen, Bairstow, Pope and Malan.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is always so far down the order.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So once again we have Woakes right down the order who has already scored more than Moeen, Bairstow, Pope and Malan.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is always so far down the order.

Hes been a bit lucky this second innings to be fair, an lbw decision which could have been given and he could have been caught. 

From Andy Zaltzman on TMS:

"England lost four wickets in seven overs. There had been 17 wickets in the previous 267 overs, and a rate of one every 16 overs.

In terms of England collapses from two down to six down, for just six runs, it is the joint-second worst since 1902, when England crumbled at Bramall Lane."

Really pathetic. 

• Like 1

Â