Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Moeen was dumb. Doesn't stop other people being dumb either. This is **** pathetic by England. World Cup favourites my **** arse. Win all the bilateral series you like but choke in the big event.

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

People say moeen is dumb but how dumb was that shot from Morgan given the match situation

And he’s the captain so he sets the tone.

Its too easy a fallback option for England to just go out and slash at the ball, get out for less than 150 runs but then say ah well it’s just the way we play, we put 400 odd on the windies.....you still have to dig in when the situation calls for it, it’s cowardly.

• Like 1

Absolute **** garbage. What a bunch of choking jokers. 3 defeats in the group stages doesn't deserve a semi final berth let alone contender tags. We'll still spawn our way in through the other sides probably not doing enough. But if we don't go through I think that will end a few careers in the ODI format at least.

• Like 1

India at Edgbaston will not be easy particularly as it will feel like an away game. New Zealand tough to call. Think we will limp out. Bowling not good enough. I think mooed needs to go back to Worcester to learn how to bar again. Wouldn’t pick him again. Wait fir the tests. Stokes looks injured. Archer not 100%, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Fantastic in meaningless games but means nothing if you are shit when it matters.

Exactly this......

Number one in the world playing ''friendlies''....the dogs bollocks

when it matters, Pathetic 

Reminds me of 2006 football World Cup. The way some of the media reacted pre tournament that England just had to turn up

Some suggestions was England be racking up 400 every game

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Reminds me of 2006 football World Cup. The way some of the media reacted pre tournament that England just had to turn up

Some suggestions was England be racking up 400 every game

Yes i said before the competition that England should win it but never won it before so didn’t expect them to this time. It’s ok scoring 400 plus on Odin international on fiat tracks but when it matters the top players like starc turn up.  I think we have some great players like root and stokes but buttler is a let down when it really matters. 

Notice trott was there today. That’s a player that could have got us home. One partnership with stokes would have been enough 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

so with Pakistan winning yesterday by my reckoning we need to win both or we are out  ... unless by some fortune Pakistan implode and lose to either Bangladesh or Afghanistan

still a Pakistan v India final could be interesting

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so with Pakistan winning yesterday by my reckoning we need to win both or we are out  ... unless by some fortune Pakistan implode and lose to either Bangladesh or Afghanistan

still a Pakistan v India final could be interesting

Yeah, England have proper blown it, last two games - peaked too soon, injuries, pressure, too many warm up games, still can't adapt to slow pitches...whatever.

Think we will struggle to beat India. There front-line bowling attack looks exceptional. Prob better off playing on a turning track. Our two spinners match up to there’s quite well, I know I said drop moeen but with the weather expected to be very hot he has to play. Has a good record against India 

Edited by PaulC

Â