Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I am convinced there is an attitude problem with England. The 'Charlie big spuds' type of attitude.

I think they think they are better than they are and the application is all wrong.

I hope i'm wrong with that though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bowled like dregs. Jimmy Anderson would have properly exploited these conditions. woakes bowled some good balls but not consistent enough. advantage Australia NOW

Bloody hell. Woakes has conceded 29 runs off 7 overs, Finch has edged one over slip, he's had them play and miss on about five occasions and had an umpires call on a LBW review. On another day he has three wickets. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

But in those conditions it’s nit good enough. Yes they rode their luck but they did not bowl full enough. 

10-0-46-2 in a modern day ODI. That'll do.

Edited by Milfner

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

I am convinced there is an attitude problem with England. The 'Charlie big spuds' type of attitude.

I think they think they are better than they are and the application is all wrong.

I hope i'm wrong with that though.

They are the number one ranked team so not sure that stands up.

A more accurate description is bottlers really, same for the English in most sports unfortunately.

Vince got a good ball but nevertheless the better openers will defend it. He's finished with England after this world cup anyway so please let's hope Roy is fit.

Root gone now, Christ this is depressing. This world cup is certainly deflating more than a few egos. Collapsing under pressure yet again, hype? Can't play the Afghans every week.

Â