Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

It was a superb knock and with Woakes doing well with bat and really well with the ball it was a terrific day all round for the midlanders. Hopefully a couple more wickets for Woakes todau, if Anderson and Broad dont nab them first. 

• Like 2

Sri Lanka are shocking and for me its what Test cricket is at the moment. home teams just roll over opponents at the moment which is not great for the fans. this isnt even a contest

I don't think its just a case of home teams rolling over away teams, Afterall Sri Lanka won in England 3 years ago, but its just the worse Sri Lanka team since the 1980's. Maybe they will learn from this experience but they have lost 3 all time greats since they last came over. 

• Like 2

Great fight from Sri Lanka today. Makes the case that on these tours that if theyd have a couple of extra weeks preparation theyd be more competitive. Tough out there for Mo bowling though.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

Great fight from Sri Lanka today. Makes the case that on these tours that if theyd have a couple of extra weeks preparation theyd be more competitive. Tough out there for Mo bowling though.

Yes I agree with all that. Slightly strange that Anderson got MOTM not Moeen, even Anderson thought so. 

• 3 weeks later...

What a game that was, just caught the last hour and a half of England's innings. Woakes the villa fan has hit some form out of nowhere with the bat and plunkett steps up with a six on the final ball to draw the game, excellent!

• Like 3

Great game of cricket. Watched the start of the England innings, and feared it would be all over well before the 50 overs were bowled. Buttler and Woakes with an outstanding partnership, and Plunkett with the finishing touch. Great stuff. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

so Bears fans...

Been an up and down and washed out kinda season so far, huh?

Nice to see Hain get his seasons maiden century against Hampshire on a very flat pitch.. got draw written all over it.  Also the continued batting success of Ambrose who keeps playing marvelously when our top order fall down.. again.. and again (Bar Trott sometimes).

Also, what do you think about Chopra leaving in a few weeks?  I'm a bit sad, I think as a top order batsman in county level, he's very good.  I know the captaincy went to Bell and I think that seems to have made him play better.  Not sure why he hasn't been in the T20 squad considering his brilliant 98 not out.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's something odd about the chops chop. They seem to have dipped a bit since it was confirmed. I think he wanted to stay/ get a new contract. I guess it might be a combination of wanting to promote Young players through and maybe saving money? The squad is good but a few of them are knocking on, now. Losing an opener when it's the top order thats the problem seems odd.

Great first day of the Lords test. Woakes doing the business for England, and just about giving us the edge I'd say. I did enjoy Misbah's celebrations for his ton though.

Finn seems to be in shocking form. I'd say he has to be the one to make way for Stokes on current form.

Yes the only puzzling thing to me and I didn't watch any was why after Woakes got two wickets Cook took so long to bring him on for his second spell. Misbah is amazing. I actually think Pakistan will be pretty happy with today.  With Amir back in the side, their bowling attack is pretty special and anything over 350 would be excellent. Certainly this is going to be far more competitive series than the Sri Lanka one. 

• Like 1

Some sad news. Only saw him playing at Durham the other week for Hampshire. Get well soon, Carbs. :(

From the BBC

Michael Carberry: England and Hampshire batsman diagnosed with cancer

8 minutes ago From the section Cricket