Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Compton can consider himself a little lucky really. Not started the season too well, so he needs some scores if he's to stay there. If Butler wasn't arsing about in the IPL they way Bairstow's been batting there's a case for having them both in the side if Vince and Compton fail over the next few sides.  

And Jake Ball has been on fire so far in the championship - a reward for good early form which is always encouraging. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Warwickshire beat Notts yesterday too :D

Some knock from Samit Patel in the chase too. 68 ball ton. Still wasn't enough though. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Some knock from Samit Patel in the chase too. 68 ball ton. Still wasn't enough though. :D

I was glued to my screen at 5.00, willing him out :lol:

I kinda knew we'd win it in the end, regardless of whether he was there or not.

Great smashing though, the other batsmen should be ashamed :lol:

• Like 2

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy! Fantastic bowling, and a massive congratulations to Bairstow too, for his splendid knock.

With the follow on being enforced, it's occurred to me I may get to see Cook get to 10,000 runs next week, at Durham. 

• Like 2

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy! Fantastic bowling, and a massive congratulations to Bairstow too, for his splendid knock.

With the follow on being enforced, it's occurred to me I may get to see Cook get to 10,000 runs next week, at Durham. 

That will be a great moment.

Still got another 5k in him too surely?!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That will be a great moment.

Still got another 5k in him too surely?!

He's going to get there at a younger age than Tendulkar, so who know what he could go on to achieve. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

He's going to get there at a younger age than Tendulkar, so who know what he could go on to achieve. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cook retiring at a (relatively for a batsman) young age.

Kohler-Cadmore hammered 127 off 54 earlier!

More importantly, Bears off to a flier. Chased down 180 with a couple of balls to spare at Trent Bridge with Sam Hain getting 92. Gonna be some player.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Good to hear Tom Fell getting the all clear to continue his career after chemo. Got some great young talent at worcester with Fell, Clarke and Kohler-cadmore

Brett D'Oliveira as well. Started the season in fine form 

Yeah. I just hope he gets a run of games - he's been very much brought in, left out, brought in, left out. A lot of other players seem to get a run of 5 - 7 games to establish themselves. He seems to get a test, or two, an ODI or two. We saw in the 80s and 90s that that doesn't work.

Â