Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I love Woakes, but have doubts on his ability to do it at the top level. I think he and Stokes came into contention for England at around the same time, but Stokes has obviously out performed him. I agree he hasn't had a fair run at it yet though. Hope he takes his chance.

Best bowling by a Warwickshire bowler since Eric Hollies took all 10 against Notts in 1946. I see Woakes as more of a bowling allrounder than a batting allrounder like Stokes, Bairstow will probably move to 6 and Moeen 7 now.

Edited by PaulC

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 14:21, Rodders said:

Compton can consider himself a little lucky really. Not started the season too well, so he needs some scores if he's to stay there.

Time for him to be dropped for England anyway, he's not good enough and doesn't score fast enough. How he's batting at 3 is beyond me.

I smell another Follow on for Sri Lanka in this 2nd test match. It's a bit of a joke of a series to be honest. The Sri Lankan's don't look bothered and haven't had any preparation for English conditions.

Edited by villa89

I think that's probably him toast. He's not scoring. Obviously he may still score big in the second innings though it's very doubtful, but I think it's time for someone new there, or give Robson another shot. 

You cannot take someone, who is serious about wanting to play for England regularly, not getting runs in these conditions, against this (poor) bowling attack.

I know he might not be the future, but get Bell back in (or even Trott, who's been great this season).

(Yes, I am a Bear :D )

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You cannot take someone, who is serious about wanting to play for England regularly, not getting runs in these conditions, against this (poor) bowling attack.

I know he might not be the future, but get Bell back in (or even Trott, who's been great this season).

(Yes, I am a Bear :D )

Trott doesn't want to come back, but Bell over Compton every day of the week. That said, I think they'll probably go back to Ballance. Can't remember which commentator it was that said it, but they said England were will be wanting Buttler back in the test side at some point, so maybe Vince will move to 3, and Bairstow can come in at 5.

There's no point in Buttler when you have Bairstow in this form, Buttler might be an influence in the dressing room, but his batting has been pretty shocking lately, has it not?

I am also no a Ballance fan, there are people better than him, he is weak mentally. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sri Lanka will be a tiny bit disappointed with their batting today I feel.

Dunno, they may reach three figures.  Seriously though, this is a bit embarrassing for Test cricket but shouldn't grumble really, you can only beat what's in front of you.

• Like 1

Â