Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Nah that declaration made.no difference (IMO) it was a fair shout. Poor execution and over the top batting and cheap wickets were a downfall. Alongside missed stumping and drops. Australia have applied themselves firmly and been rewarded. We've thought the spirit of bazball alone would be enough. It's high risk and unnecessary and very ugly at its worst. 

What an awful day. Don't think we bowled badly but the conditions have been in our favour and there's nothing gone right today.  80mph bowling doesn't really cut it in test cricket though. 

I think Bazball, in fairness, has only been part of the problem. Main issue is we just aren’t bowling and fielding that well, and so the aggression with the bat doesn’t scare Australia as they have a decent cushion of runs.

• Like 1

It’s been poor. 

The tactics, the boiling, we’re 10mph to slow. The mindset, all wrong. 

It’s like a playground bully, it works so far, but at some point you’re going to come up against someone that isn’t intimidated and they are going break your jaw infront of everyone in the playground and make you look like a cock. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Still it was a relatively slow run rate. If Anderson can somehow find some swing tomorrow and England get a few early wickets then who knows.

I was hoping for that today after they Bowled us out but sun out tomorrow so less likely 

11 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Superb win by the bears esp after the shocker of the 1st over being at 7-4

Indeed ! Now then , if Ali is available for the knock-out stages, would you pick him ? Personally I would not; would much rather have Hain back fit. Just an opinion.

For me Stokes is becoming a problem - not the big problem about Bazball that's in all the papers, not the captaincy - he's not fit in enough to bowl and he's not batted well in a long time - regardless of what people make of his captaincy, there ought to be questions about whether he's currently good enough to be in the side.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

For me Stokes is becoming a problem - not the big problem about Bazball that's in all the papers, not the captaincy - he's not fit in enough to bowl and he's not batted well in a long time - regardless of what people make of his captaincy, there ought to be questions about whether he's currently good enough to be in the side.

Yes he needs to get runs second innings. Big questions about Robinson and Anderson as well. I wouldn't pick either of them next test

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Meh might do something else with my day.  Can’t deal with the tedium.

Yes I feel the same. Wait for the declaration later today when ever that might be. 

13 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

“Play the short ball like Australia” they said. Maybe we should have gone straight to the same tactic that worked against us.

Bit two paced this wicket. Brute of a delivery from Tongue to Head

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bit two paced this wicket. Brute of a delivery from Tongue to Head

Yeah tricky to know what to do when a few are keeping low and a few kicking up.

Australia being a bit more patient than England were but not sure it’s working any better really.

• Like 1

Still a big ask here. Not sure we’d want to chase anything higher than about 350. 

Â