Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Android?

Me?  Yes it is a HTC.

I'm not sure what problems with obtaining a PAC have to do with Android. It's the kind of question someone else might find useful in the future and now it's in a nearly 400 page thread. I think I need to lock this thread. There's no point in a tech forum if all the posts are in one thread.

Wouldn't you like it more if it was about Android though? Serious question.

Wouldn't you like it more if there were other threads where you could go for help with questions about particular issues? Where you could find help with issues without looking through 400 pages? I think it would let this thread go back to just the fun stuff like when it started, rather than a general "help me with my phone" thread.

(None of this is targeted at anyone, it's not about specific posts, just the general way the thread has developed.)

The thing is, when the Apple thread became 'just about Apple' it killed that thread (ok, less people now have Apple phones). But this thread is like a community in it's own and I think it works well as it is. 

But then I do know what the site rules say too.

It's not about site rules.

I find myself less interested in reading a generic chat thread than one that's just about Android. I also find I'm less likely to want to help with non-Android issues when they are posted in this thread as it takes it even more off topic.

As people like it, I won't lock it, but hopefully you can see why it helps everyone if you post questions about PACs, networks or tariffs in other threads and keep this one for talking about the tech itself.

• Like 1

I find myself less interested in reading a generic chat thread than one that's just about Android. I also find I'm less likely to want to help with non-Android issues when they are posted in this thread as it takes it even more off topic.

As people like it, I won't lock it, but hopefully you can see why it helps everyone if you post questions about PACs, networks or tariffs in other threads and keep this one for talking about the tech itself.

Definitely agree with the last sentence, maybe we could have a phone support/help thread where we can help one another with problems, and this thread can be kept for the non-problem related 'fun' posts. Things like "how do I get my PAC code" or FAQs could maybe be added into the first post of said thread?

Sorry if I'm taking it off topic here, just trying to add another idea/opinion.

Definitely agree with the last sentence, maybe we could have a phone support/help thread where we can help one another with problems, and this thread can be kept for the non-problem related 'fun' posts. Things like "how do I get my PAC code" or FAQs could maybe be added into the first post of said thread?

Sorry if I'm taking it off topic here, just trying to add another idea/opinion.

It would be better if there was a thread for each item of help IMO, it would make it easier for someone to find help with the problem they have.

The thing is, when the Apple thread became 'just about Apple' it killed that thread (ok, less people now have Apple phones). But this thread is like a community in it's own and I think it works well as it is. 

That was basically to stop one person from destroying the thread. :lol: 

That was basically to stop one person from destroying the thread. :lol:

Yeah, fair point.

I think its natural for threads to get off topic now and then.

People ask general phone questions in this thread because its an android phone.

I think as long as the topic stays generally about android, which it does, then its fine to keep it open.

If you locked every thread that went off topic now and then then they'd all get locked.

I'd be happy to have this thread purely about android the OS. There are many really interesting developments on their way. But I get that phone talk is related to android and most people see phones as Apple or Android, despite the fact android is open source.

I'm beginning to find myself using Google Now more and more, am I the only one?

Me too. My friends' two year old was using it to "show me trains" yesterday, The voice recognition gets better and better.

This is the chosen interface for Android Wear and Android Drive, so it's got to be good and to be continuously improved.

Â