Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I had my Nexus 5 for a few weeks, then one time I woke up, checked my phone and found a feint crack in the screen. Really annoyed me especially considering I didn't have it under my pillow but beside my bed.

How interesting. Same thing happened to me, it was in my pocket (not tight) and LG denied it was a design fault.

I had my Nexus 5 for a few weeks, then one time I woke up, checked my phone and found a feint crack in the screen. Really annoyed me especially considering I didn't have it under my pillow but beside my bed.

How interesting. Same thing happened to me, it was in my pocket (not tight) and LG denied it was a design fault.
I was too lazy to bother informing 3 or LG.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm due a free phone upgrade, and looking at the Droid Mini.

Anyone know anything about this phone?

What's the name of it in countries where they don't call every android phone a droid? ;-)

It was a fairly well reviewed mid to low end Motorola phone released over a year ago.  Personally I wouldn't touch it.  If I were in for a handset at that end of the market I'd probably just go with the 2014 Moto G. Dunno what the upgrade cost on that one but it won't be much if you spread it over the lifetime of the phone. 

• Like 1

There hasn't been any info about an updated Nexus 7 that I've seen. Lots of speculation about a 8/9 inch Nexus though, it looks like instead of updating the 7/10, they may be putting out one that's a compromise between the two.

• Like 1

HTC seems pretty likely.

8-9 inches, probably running Android L, with an Nvidia 64 bit processor, released somewhere between October and December, and it will have....a screen resolution that no one can quite agree on.

Obviously all rumours at this point, there's no firm release date or even a firm idea of when it will be announced. I'd expect it by early December at the latest, they'll want it to be a big seller for Christmas.

Edited by Davkaus

Was in PC world yesterday having a casual look at tablets.

The 12 inch Samsung tablet was absolutely stunning.

After my s3 experience I'd be reluctant to go with a Samsung device again any time soon. But it was very impressive.

Nearly 400 quid mind you

It was a fairly well reviewed mid to low end Motorola phone released over a year ago.  Personally I wouldn't touch it.  If I were in for a handset at that end of the market I'd probably just go with the 2014 Moto G. Dunno what the upgrade cost on that one but it won't be much if you spread it over the lifetime of the phone. 

Because I'm a miser,  and not much of a phone person, I'm only gonna get one of the free phones on offer. What have you heard of the Moto X?

Also, are non-Apple phones compatible with Macs?

<-----Phone noob

Also, are non-Apple phones compatible with Macs?

<-----Phone noob

Off topic, but this question makes no sense. In what way does a phone need to be compatible with a computer, Mac or otherwise? I can only think of wifi tethering, in which case yes, it's just wifi.

Â