What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Cripes, if they will really do £30m + Ireland, we should go for it.

Maybe Randy thinks he can get even more?

We all know that Randy's a businessman! And I think he's going to have more involvement in this years transfers.. so who knows!!.. he doesn't seem the type to be intimidated by a £25m offer for a player we'd love to keep.

av1 - I agree with you, prices these days are ridiculous (£6m-£8m for Delph?!)... but I suppose it's the difference of what a player is worth and what a club want for the player.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win win situation for me!

A. We got to keep a really good player.

B. We will get an awful lot of money for him so we can maybe buy 2-3 really good players...

We cant lose in this one.

B. We will get an awful lot of money for him so we can maybe buy 2-3 really good players...

I think replacing top players, whatever money you have is easier said than done. Just look at replacing Ronaldo at Manure for instance.

I think replacing top players, whatever money you have is easier said than done. Just look at replacing Ronaldo at Manure for instance.

Especially with MON's limited pool involved, a pool of players who are high priced than anywhere else...

Milner may not be easily replaceable with a like for like player, but we should be ok if we can strengthen CM AND CF (at least), with the money we get for him.

Make no mistake, Milner going weakens us and in more than just the squad for next season

It does, but it's nothing that we can't turn around (turning it around will be down to MON, but I trust him)

Spurs sold Carrick/ Berbatov/ Keane and it worked out okay for them.

If we keep Milner then we're showing real ambition and it'd be amazing to be able to build a squad around him for the next 10 years (optimistic maybe)

If we sell him then we can use the money to replace him (Ireland being the most obvious choice) and also get an improved striker and possible right-back with the money. (Also we can add on the money from the sales of Beye, Shorey, Sidwell, L Young & Davies)

Though I'll be gutted if Milner is sold, I'm confident that Randy & MON will take as much as we can from City.

Make no mistake, Milner going weakens us and in more than just the squad for next season

Would there be an amount that would make you more comfortable with us selling him Richard? Or do you believe that we shouldn't sell him to a rival at any cost?

I'm confident that Randy & MON will take as much as we can from City.

They may very well be able to take the money from them but what they cannot take is the ambition

Would there be an amount that would make you more comfortable with us selling him Richard? Or do you believe that we shouldn't sell him to a rival at any cost?

30M plus Ireland and Richards or 45M please

:D

Richard, I think we do have ambition but, because of the amount of money they have, the difference is that their ambition is showing straight away and our's is long term.

Really I doubt that we can keep him to be honest, which in itself sends a message

For me I wouldn't want to sell him and would actually invest in top quality players to build around him rather than lose our best player

I accept that this is not going to happen at Villa currently and that is very disappointing really.

So if he has to go it is either

30M plus Ireland and Richards

45M cash

15M and Tevez

Really I doubt that we can keep him to be honest, which in itself sends a message

For me I wouldn't want to sell him and would actually invest in top quality players to build around him rather than lose our best player

I accept that this is not going to happen at Villa currently and that is very disappointing really.

45M cash

15M and Tevez

Yes that's fair enough. Personally I don't want him to go at all, and I particularly don't want him to go to Citeh as it would sour my view on football even further. But I suppose the romantic notion of players not moving for purely money reasons died a while ago.

If he does go, then the key thing for me is what is done with the money. We will need to be VERY careful where it's spent.

Richard, if we buy top quiality players we'd have an even bigger loss for the next financial year than the 46 million announced, as our revenue would be unlikely to increase much. Even qualifying for the Champions League would bring much less than that in revenue.

Do you see this as a good way forward for our club? Is it ambition spending much more than what one can generate? I don't see it this way and don't want Villa to keep announcing huge financial losses in the future.

45M cash

15M and Tevez

£15m plus Tevez??? WTF.

45M cash

15M and Tevez

I'm afraid I don't think any of those are actually realistic. I could see him going for 30m cash or player exchange combined value. I would be surprised to see him going for much more than that. If they pay a value of 45m I would piss myself laughing but I just don't see it. It could be argued they are **** dumb - see Lescott/Dunne deals - but are they actually dumb enough to meet a 45m valuation? I would love to think so but I suspect not.

£30million is nearly half what Randy paid for the entire club.

I don't want Milner to go, and will be disappointed if he does. But £30million is a lot of money - and personally I don't think we'll get Champions League with or without Milner - it'd take a brave man to turn down £30m.

Saying that, you'd have to be brave to bid that for a player who isn't an international regular.

£30million is nearly half what Randy paid for the entire club.

I don't want Milner to go, and will be disappointed if he does. But £30million is a lot of money - and personally I don't think we'll get Champions League with or without Milner - it'd take a brave man to turn down £30m.

Saying that, you'd have to be brave to bid that for a player who isn't an international regular.

Or stupid, and Man City have proved previously that they are stupid.