What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If Milner leaves, which I don't want to happen (but probably will if he is gonna be an arse with the contract talks) then it is a simple fact that we have to accept, we are just a stepping stone for players to promote themselves, print a price tag on themselves then ship them off to the highest bidder.

we have ourselves to blame though, we had a good opportunity twice to finish 4th and we blew it.

when was the 2nd?

I assume he means 08/09 - 1st

09/10 - 2nd.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Milner leaves, which I don't want to happen (but probably will if he is gonna be an arse with the contract talks) then it is a simple fact that we have to accept, we are just a stepping stone for players to promote themselves, print a price tag on themselves then ship them off to the highest bidder.

we have ourselves to blame though, we had a good opportunity twice to finish 4th and we blew it.

when was the 2nd?

I assume he means 08/09 - 1st

09/10 - 2nd.

Still think we did well during those 2 seasons. The more relevant point though is that Milner was a part of that team, if he and others like Young want to play in the Champions league then its up to them. Its no good players blaming the entity that is "Aston Villa" for not finishing in the top 4, they need to look at themselves and achieve top 4 through getting their team there, not jumping ship to another team that may have qualified through the efforts of others. (I realise that City are not in the champions league).

After 200+ pages and no fresh media speculation for sometime this thread has it seems run its course and continies to wonder off topic. We have as a result decided to close it, if there is fresh speculation it will be opened again.

Until that time please try and keep discussions to the appropriate threads.

Transfer speculation Villa only Here

Transfer speculation Other teams Here

Man City Here

Anything else please find a suitable thread or if there isn't one start one.

Thanks

Click Me

Manchester City are set to return to Aston Villa with an offer in the region of £24m for James Milner and at the same time make it clear that they have no intention of meeting the Midlands club's asking price for the England international, which is closer to the £30m mark.

City, who had a £20m bid for Milner rejected in May, remain determined to sign the former Leeds United trainee but are prepared to turn their attention elsewhere if Villa stick to their higher valuation.

Milner held talks with Villa about his future before heading to the World Cup and is not due to return to the club until 25 July, after being given an extended break following his return from South Africa.

Villa are keen for the 24-year-old to extend his stay at the club but they have yet to make a new contract offer to improve his existing £45,000-per-week deal. City would be in a position to offer double that sum

24million? Would you accept?

Nope.

£24m is barely douible what we paid for him, and he's worth more to us in the team than that.

Having said that, if he won't sign an extension, then it's a tricky one for us .... maybe take what we can get now?

I'd rather keep him, and try to get him to sign an extension with clauses that might sway the deal

I wouldn't/don't want us to accept any offer less than 30m,and going from the Barry to 'pool situation two years ago,i don't believe that we will,so unless Onouha and Ireland are part of the deal with about 15m put in also i would politely tell them where to go!

Milner is not for sale and Villa have allegedly made it clear it would take £30m to grant Citeh to talk with JM.

If they don't reach that estimation - the deal won't happen IMO. We're pretty stubborn now as a club!!!

The question is, what does JM do next?? Does he hand in a transfer request as his 'head has been turned' by the money of Citeh, does he sign a £75k new deal with us, earning more cash or does he sit out the remainder of his contract????

I'd like to think he'd sign a new contract to be honest.... but who knows what's going on at the club etc?

Click Me

Manchester City are set to return to Aston Villa with an offer in the region of £24m for James Milner and at the same time make it clear that they have no intention of meeting the Midlands club's asking price for the England international, which is closer to the £30m mark.

City, who had a £20m bid for Milner rejected in May, remain determined to sign the former Leeds United trainee but are prepared to turn their attention elsewhere if Villa stick to their higher valuation.

Milner held talks with Villa about his future before heading to the World Cup and is not due to return to the club until 25 July, after being given an extended break following his return from South Africa.

Villa are keen for the 24-year-old to extend his stay at the club but they have yet to make a new contract offer to improve his existing £45,000-per-week deal. City would be in a position to offer double that sum

24million? Would you accept?

As unwilling sellers then I'd accept no less than what we originally asked. Otherwise we're being bullied into selling our best players. I also say no to deals involving add ons. They have just agreed to pay a player over £200k per week for 5 years, they can pay us up front in my opinion.

Milner is not for sale and Villa have allegedly made it clear it would take £30m to grant Citeh to talk with JM.

If they don't reach that estimation - the deal won't happen IMO. We're pretty stubborn now as a club!!!

The question is, what does JM do next?? Does he hand in a transfer request as his 'head has been turned' by the money of Citeh, does he sign a £75k new deal with us, earning more cash or does he sit out the remainder of his contract????

I'd like to think he'd sign a new contract to be honest.... but who knows what's going on at the club etc?

i'd like to think he would sign the new contract, but i'd throw in the captains armband if that would help him stay. Captains should lead by example and what an example Milner is when it comes to ability, commitment and drive for success.

Lets not forget Milner has never stsated a desire to leave the Villa

Unfortunatly he's also not denied an interest to go to City or stated a desire to stay at VP.

If City's final offer really is £24m then I hope that Milner does sign a one year extension (even if it's as a good-will gesture towards the club) because I don't want to see him go for cheap next summer.

No deal @ 24 million. Even if we could only add Robbie Keane and a right back but keep Milner, I'd be happy enough to take that into next season. We'd have to prioritise which cups we were going to have a real crack at though because the squad wouldn't be big enough to compete on all fronts.

Still, I'm not getting my hopes up that he will stay.

I would not put to much store on JM not saying either way whether he wants to stay or go. Remember if a club meets our valuation we could sell him even if he wanted to stay so saying nothing protects his position all ways. I suspect he would be offered around £90k pw by City if the papers are to be believed (a leap of faith I know) which we could match if money is the issue. My bet has always been that JM would be be more interested in a move to Chelsea or Man U as for all City's money and star players they have to build a side and also todays star signing can be tomorrows squad player - SWP anyone? I suspect that will be Barry's fate by next season. Thye are also not in the CL.

City clearly think they can bully us here. Well what the Barry saga proved was that RL and MON won't be bullied. £24m is a joke offer which will be rejected. If they want him that much, and assuming he wants to go which is unclear, then they will meet our valuation.