• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you accept 22M plus the two players if you were MON ?

Would bite their hands off, having said that I'd jump at £20m and Ireland as I don't rate Onohua at all.

I think number 3 is highly unlikely! We've seen no firm interest from any team but Man City and I think, if he goes, it will be to Man City and no one else.

I have a sneaky suspicion that he'll stay though now. Villa won't accept £24mil because they are not OUR terms and as I said earlier in the thread, it doesn't look like Jimmy desires a move away so I think we may just win this saga after losing the first with Barry.

You know, it' funny - if Milner wasn't a Villa player, everyone would be saying that he is the kind of player we should look into buying (...but I don't reckon such and such club will let him go!).

I always think it should be the practice to sell players that either aren't fitting in or playing well, or don't want to be at the club. Milner doesn't fit this description so I don't see the value in selling him, to then have to go through the process of finding someone of equal or better talent who will hopefully play well for the club. We have this already in James! Why take a risk!

The above has no doubt been said probably a few times in the course of this thread but...couldn't resist anyway!

Unfortuantly I don't think it's that simple.

We could just say "he's our best player, we don't need to sell him" but we don't know how James Milner feels about it. Of course it shouldn't be an issue but it is. Also, we could get offered an amount of money that is viewed, by Randy and O'Neill, as too much to refuse (Not just from the business side of Villa, but the fact we could probably buy a replacement and have an extra £15m on top to invest in the squad).

I can see a couple of outcomes this summer. Selling Milner isn't the worst of them.

1) Milner signs an extension and stays at villa. :D :D

2) Milner get's sold to Man City and we get a hefty sum of cash. :(:wave:

3) We reject all offers, Milner stays but doesn't sign an extension. We eventually sell Milner for a cut price and struggle to get a replacement. :| :cry:

How about 4) We agree to sell Milner to City at the end of next season for their initial offer of 20m if we do not get Champions league. City will get their man and for a reasonable price with no negotiations and we would get 20m to spend on players to try and get CL.

Number 5 for me, a good player, but £30m??, he's had one outstanding season.

Replace him with a world class creative playmaker style midfielder for £20m and a couple of young up and coming talents and I'd be more than happy ...

Replace him with a world class creative playmaker style midfielder for £20m and a couple of young up and coming talents and I'd be more than happy ...

Easy isn't it this football lark.....just replace him with one of the many world class creative playmaker style midfielders that are on the market right now and are interested in a move to the Villa.......I hear Sneijder's had a half decent World Cup....might as well bring him in now..... :oops:

Why on Earth would City agree to that?

They would get their man and I'm sure they consider themselves way ahead of us in terms of getting 4th so I think they would consider it waiting a year to get the player they want for a reasonable price.

But they might not want him then, they want him now. They will either get him this season or they won't get him at all in my opinion.

They would get their man and I'm sure they consider themselves way ahead of us in terms of getting 4th so I think they would consider it waiting a year to get the player they want for a reasonable price.

But they might not want him then, they want him now. They will either get him this season or they won't get him at all in my opinion.

True. But they might be set on him and a guarantee of signing him with no circus around the deal as usual might be appealing to them.

if we do win this battle.. then we've got no money for other possible transfers. so someone guns have to make a mice for us to be able to get fresh faces in!!

Not true. We dont have to sell Milner to buy players and we certainly dont have to breed and sell mice to get new players in.

Are you in a state of advanced refreshment or retarded?

if we do win this battle.. then we've got no money for other possible transfers. so someone guns have to make a mice for us to be able to get fresh faces in!!

Not true. We dont have to sell Milner to buy players and we certainly dont have to breed and sell mice to get new players in.

But in all honesty if we want Ireland we will have to sell Milner...no way will City let Ireland go to us if they don't get what they want first.

But in all honesty if we want Ireland we will have to sell Milner...no way will City let Ireland go to us if they don't get what they want first.

Then we dont want Ireland - Sorted

Ireland wants to leave City and if Milner says that he is happy at Villa and signs a new contract then Ireland will still want to leave City and hopefully we will sign him.

True. But they might be set on him and a guarantee of signing him with no circus around the deal as usual might be appealing to them.

Ridiculous :D Man City are a circus and with their money they can do what they want. They wouldn't have to listen to silly demands like "You give us the money... but you don't get the player yet...."

So Milner would play 2 games against City knowing that next year he'd be on their team?

If we offered that deal to City they'd say "No thanks, we'll buy Mikel Arteta instead".

so someone guns have to make a mice for us to be able to get fresh faces in!!

Huh?

I think it's cockney rhyming slang...

guns = buns... bunsen burner, nice little earner.

mice = slice.. ginsters ham slice