What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

.... But again it’s based on no more facts than the earlier articles!

I doubt even the clubs know what is going to happen, definitely not from our side anyway.

I doubt if there's any evidence at all that Man City (or anybody else) have ever even considered buying him.

Man City actually did bid for him, it was formally announced by Villa after they turned it down....

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man city need to be careful about squad morale if they buy another midfielder. Y toure and D Silva were great buys for them, so do they need another midfielder and could they accomodate him?

I have always been hopeful that James would stay with Villa because he has said how settled he feels. Milly is a guy who just loves to play football.

I'm sure he would like loads of money as well. If we are serious about paying him the kind of wage that a £20 million plus player deserves then I hope he will still be in a Villa shirt on September 1st with a four or five year contract in his pocket.

D Villa plays for Man City?
:oops: I've got a one track mind .... Villa .... Villa .... Villa ....

Me too, hope you are feeling better after last years trouble.

D Villa plays for Man City?
:oops: I've got a one track mind .... Villa .... Villa .... Villa ....

Me too, hope you are feeling better after last years trouble.

Yes thanks tismyk, now if I could only sort out my brain I'd be perfect! Thanks for pointing out my little lapse earlier, in time for me to save face. :cheers:

.... But again it’s based on no more facts than the earlier articles!

I doubt even the clubs know what is going to happen, definitely not from our side anyway.

I doubt if there's any evidence at all that Man City (or anybody else) have ever even considered buying him.

Man City actually did bid for him, it was formally announced by Villa after they turned it down....

Of course yes. I forgot that.

You know, it' funny - if Milner wasn't a Villa player, everyone would be saying that he is the kind of player we should look into buying (...but I don't reckon such and such club will let him go!).

I always think it should be the practice to sell players that either aren't fitting in or playing well, or don't want to be at the club. Milner doesn't fit this description so I don't see the value in selling him, to then have to go through the process of finding someone of equal or better talent who will hopefully play well for the club. We have this already in James! Why take a risk!

The above has no doubt been said probably a few times in the course of this thread but...couldn't resist anyway!

That scion of accurate media reporting, the Mirror are publishing what could well be our own speculation on their website ;)

Irrespective of the accuracy of their article, it leads me to ask two questions,

What valuation would you put on Ireland and/or Nedum Onuoha ?

Would you accept 22M plus the two players if you were MON ?

I would like to think that all this speculation over Milner's future ends with Milner signing a new contract with AVFC and telling us all how much he loves being here.

I would much prefer Jimmy to stay and stick two fingers up to the media who seem to have taken for granted over the last 3 weeks that he has joined shitty only to dot the i's and cross the t's,when everybody knows he was concentrating on the world cup.And it's a bit funny that all the media that were in some cases taking Jimmy's signing for shitty as a done deal not long ago are back tracking now,sign the contract extension Jimmy,you could become our captain and a legend if you continue to develop your career with us and turn down the money at shitty and put stability as a major factor in your decision.VFA UTV!

I would accept 15m plus those two in all honesty. That would be one hell of a deal in my eyes.

Whilst I don't want to see Milner go, if we get a deal like that or one for 25-30m cash, then it makes sense to sell him. If we end up keeping him then we could lose him on a free (if of course he wants to leave).

Anyway, as long as the deal suits both parties then I don't see anyone losing out....

The main decision he should be considering is his England future. Surely, he must have a taste for playing for his national team (if any of them do at all) and the fact he has forced his way into the national side with US should tell him to stay put, sign on the dotted line and give himself a greater opportunity to play.

Shaun Wright-Phillips sat on a bench all season last year and wasn't on the pitch in South Africa. The only appeal that Citeh offer is the prospect of Champions League, in a few years, (bit of a hollow medal if you play 20 minutes, of course they wont win!) and the £££££.

Regular football is what we offer, Europa League football like Citeh, the potential of breaking the top 4 with a bit of luck and the most important putting a sign over his head to the England manager saying "If you don't pick me you're an idiot".

No brainer in my eyes, but then this is football and I expect another kick in the teeth.

22m plus both? I'd say that would value MIlner at nearly 40m. So yes i think I'd have to accept that!

As someone else said, 15m plus those 2 would be a good deal i reckon.

You know, it' funny - if Milner wasn't a Villa player, everyone would be saying that he is the kind of player we should look into buying (...but I don't reckon such and such club will let him go!).

I always think it should be the practice to sell players that either aren't fitting in or playing well, or don't want to be at the club. Milner doesn't fit this description so I don't see the value in selling him, to then have to go through the process of finding someone of equal or better talent who will hopefully play well for the club. We have this already in James! Why take a risk!

The above has no doubt been said probably a few times in the course of this thread but...couldn't resist anyway!

Unfortuantly I don't think it's that simple.

We could just say "he's our best player, we don't need to sell him" but we don't know how James Milner feels about it. Of course it shouldn't be an issue but it is. Also, we could get offered an amount of money that is viewed, by Randy and O'Neill, as too much to refuse (Not just from the business side of Villa, but the fact we could probably buy a replacement and have an extra £15m on top to invest in the squad).

I can see a couple of outcomes this summer. Selling Milner isn't the worst of them.

1) Milner signs an extension and stays at villa. :D :D

2) Milner get's sold to Man City and we get a hefty sum of cash. :(:wave:

3) We reject all offers, Milner stays but doesn't sign an extension. We eventually sell Milner for a cut price and struggle to get a replacement. :| :cry: