What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

We can also offer more stability than City. Come xmas Mancinis position could be looking very doubtful if they aren't looking like getting into the top 4, a new manager could be brought in and make new changes. Afterall, this has only been Jimmys second season that he has started and ended a season with the same manager.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner is worth about £15-20m in a realistic world, beccause its Man City the price will increase as God and his dog know they have a bottomless pit of cash. Therefore the offer will be pitched at a rumoured £24m then they will be knocked back so im guessing the final deal will be around £30m if they really want him. Randy has put that statement out to drive the price up, everyone has a price including Milner. Randy will sell him for the right money but the deal will be on our terms not Man City's.

Money talks at the end of the day and Randy is a businessman. Milner will be a Man City player at the start of next season.

Milner will be sold....I have little doubt of that. His valuation will not be much more than 20 million--close to the 24 million that was spent on Lescott last year (which was considered over-the-top at the time). Those of you that think anyone will pay 30-40 million for Milner are dreaming. I think he is a very good player, but a bit overrated by many on this message board.

Perhaps they are just saying City should make us an offer we cannot refuse? We can certainly turn down £24m from a club who paid the same amount for Joleon **** Lescott last summer!

I cant agree with that bottom value though Wigglyrichard. £15m for a player we paid £12m for, when he has came on leaps and bounds and proved to the Premier League that he is not only a top class wide player but he can excel in central midfield too?

imo selling milner to one of our main competitors would probs signal the end of us challenging for the top 4 he's probably our best player and can anybody think of a player capable of replacing him who would be available in the summer and.

1. want to join a non champions league club who are not paying rediculous wages.

and

2. offer us the versatility that milner does? he can play right mid and fullback as well?

I for one do not want to see us become man city's feeder club who's next A Young? Gabby? not only would selling milner send out the wrong message to the media in terms of our ambition it would also unsettle the squad. City can take their arab dollars and use it as toilet paper we dont want it UTV

I cant agree with that bottom value though Wigglyrichard. £15m for a player we paid £12m for, when he has came on leaps and bounds and proved to the Premier League that he is not only a top class wide player but he can excel in central midfield too?

Ok maybe £20m should be the bottom line, but do you agree that Milner is off?

So, Man City buy our supposed best midfielder (Barry) and then we replace him with a young superstar from within the ranks and now Man City want him too..

Hilarious. They've only had Barry a season and already want to but his replacment!!!!

**** off City, you're type are not welcome round here, (unless you wanna give us £10m for Salifou?? )

They can have the Togolese Zidane for £15m and not a penny less.

They'd have to get Johnny Ball to think of the number we'd charge them for Milner.

Rest assured it would have more noughts than Stephen Hawking's score in Strictly come dancing.

No. Why would he be?

They won't offer us enough to make us sell and we'll ask for more money than they will want to pay.

I believe, in this situation, it will be entirely up to mon/randy if he stays or goes.

I dont believe for a second that milner is anything like barry and will not try to force the arm, or even hint that he would rather go to city. I recon he will be happy with whatever Mon says, so Mon better say **** No!

Luckily Mon is no push over either.

No. Why would he be?

They won't offer us enough to make us sell and we'll ask for more money than they will want to pay.

i think the point people are missing here is that most transfers are driven by greedy agents always looking to line there pockets, now milner doesnt have one of them and is managed by the PFA (i stand corrected if wrong),

milner also seems to be driven by the desire to play football rather than money, which is strange for modern day footballers.

the simple facrt is unless MoN and Randy decide they want to sell he will be going nowhere fast, regardless of what over is on the table, we only sold barry due to him having his head turned by his agent.

so until Milner comes out and say's he wants to move then Man Shitty and the rest can go and take a long run and jump.

I do not think it is up to the manager or owner, I think the player will make the decision

It is up to the manager and/or owner. The player can make any decision he wants (and there's nothing to suggest he wants to leave), short of a completely ridiculous bid, he wont be leaving this summer.

I do not think it is up to the manager or owner, I think the player will make the decision

well if a player is under contract them ultamately it is, now that player can try to force a move but if the owner and manager say no then he will go nowhere, just most owners and manager wont keep someone that can be destructive to the team IE GB,

i think we can all agree that Milner just doesnt seem that type of player and will possibly only leave when it make sense for him and the club.

i think the problem is people think we have no money to spend, and with randy saying sell to buy is good business sense they have come up with the conclusion that we have to sell off our prized assests.

i think this summer the deadwood will be gone, and any 1st teamers/sub's that dont want to stay and fight for there place.

the likes of Milner, A Young, Gabby, Downing are here for the long haul and as long as we continue to progress and show ambition with stay.

this summer is a big one for us and one that MoN needs to get right, on and off the field.

im happy to sit tight and see what happens, than get wound up every day 1 of our players are mentioned to be moving.

I disagree with that Richard. I think Milner is very happy where he is and after the successful season he has had personally and on the international stage + getting recognition from his peers, I don't see a reason for him to leave nor a reason to want to. Plus we know his impeccable character means he wont be rocking any boats, certainly not this close-season.

On the other hand I think it is possible that Villa might feel that perhaps Milner's considerable market value might be worth more to us than he is - without knowing exactly how much we have at our disposal before player sales.

For me, if he goes, it will be because the club were made an offer they couldn't refuse.

I think Richard is almost right. If a player decides he wants to go then invariably he will go, especially if clubs are prepared to pay the sort of price that we will get offered for Jimmy.

Fortunately, I think Jimmy will stay as he is still making pretty good money (just a bit) and is playing football week in week out in a position he wants to be in and is loved.

at least with milner we're in the driving seat, unlike with barry where we got screwed over for only £12m. here, if he does go, we will dictate the terms pretty much and get way over his valuation so at least we're not going to get bullied into selling him on the cheap

at least with milner we're in the driving seat, unlike with barry where we got screwed over for only £12m. here, if he does go, we will dictate the terms pretty much and get way over his valuation so at least we're not going to get bullied into selling him on the cheap

The £12 million we got for Barry paid for Collins and Dunne, who got screwed?, not us.