What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I would expect any proposed transfer to City to take time to go through, if it ever does. Milner will be given a month off now to recharge his batteries. No doubts the clubs will say that they won't make any announcements until he's back from his break. We want to keep him, contract talks, no fresh bids from City blah, blah, blah. In a way, I'd like it done quickly so we get time to spend the money coming in. I also hope that Villa have been working hard behind the scenes and have transfers in place ready to go. But, I doubt it.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be sorted this week.

Villa dont want this to drag on.

I'm sure everyone involved would want that to be the case. I hope it is.

Agreed, if he is indeed moving on, the faster we get it hammered out the faster we get our funds to make some moves of our own.

I also doubt that Milner is worth anywhere near £ 30m, he has shown he isn't worth it, even to the reprehensible arseholes who are bankrolling that tinpot club.

I thought he would have a cracker this WC but he hasn't been played in his preferred position. His crossing was good against Slovenia but against better opposition he was totally average. I don't think he should have played vs. the USA and was hauled off, he missed the debacle against Algeria and played well against Slovenia. However when it really counted vs Germany he just couldn't cut it. I'd give him 5/10 for this World Cup, but he can do so much better.

I think Man City will pull the plug, which is excellent news for us.

In fairness no one played very well yesterday. If you take the world cup as a

method of valuing players then kevin prince boateng would be worth more than Rooney and Aguero put together.

Why do we have to put up with smug smart arse City fans coming on this forum giving it large? Just because a few oil rich arabs have decided that City is their latest muse they think they will be ruling the football world. Lets see....

As for Milner, I'd love him to stay but if he goes it will be for big big money and City for all their talk about not overpaying will do precisely that because they just won't be able to help themselves and every club on the planet knows that.

I also doubt that Milner is worth anywhere near £ 30m, he has shown he isn't worth it, even to the reprehensible arseholes who are bankrolling that tinpot club.

I thought he would have a cracker this WC but he hasn't been played in his preferred position. His crossing was good against Slovenia but against better opposition he was totally average. I don't think he should have played vs. the USA and was hauled off, he missed the debacle against Algeria and played well against Slovenia. However when it really counted vs Germany he just couldn't cut it. I'd give him 5/10 for this World Cup, but he can do so much better.

I think Man City will pull the plug, which is excellent news for us.

Hold on. I'm not a massive Milner fan, but he played very well against Slovenia and while he only had an average game against Germany, he was actually looking our most threatening player before Capello insanely took him off.

Milner's had a decent WC imo and has probably enhanced his reputation if anything.

I'd give him a 7/10 for the tournament, considering he hasn't played as a right winger in a while.

I also doubt that Milner is worth anywhere near £ 30m, he has shown he isn't worth it, even to the reprehensible arseholes who are bankrolling that tinpot club

Harsh, and in my opinion, inaccurate. I'm not exactly sure what the Shiekh has done to offend you so much, but I can't think of a single nasty thing that he has done. Unless you count buying a football club as somehow offensive. I'm sure that Lerner, the Glazers, Abramovich, Hicks/Gillete, the Russian who is invested in Arsenal, the guys behind the Sunderland investment, etc, will all be under the same close scrunity that you have given Shiekh Mansour. Obviously, bringing money from outside the game and overspending on transfers during a huge recession is evil or something.

Anyway, I'd quite like the Milner deal to be sorted one way or another as soon as possible. I don't really see him putting in a transfer request, purely because I don't see why he would. Villa have named their price (if the rumours are to be believed) as £30m, it's now up to City to decide whether he's worth that to them. Milner putting in a transfer request will have no bearing on anything, apart from personally losing him some money in the form of loyalty bonuses.

Well, your CEO is the biggest tosser in the sport. Sorry, in Sport.

He may not be bankrolling City, but its a point worth making.

You must understand that before, you were just an annoying team that came up and down the top two or three divisions and had an occasional day out at Old Trafford, now you lot act like everybody should pay you some sort of respect because you have won the lottery. You havent even bought any success yet.

We have a wealthy owner, we're a top club and we're ambitious and we dont want or need to sell our best players. Dont come on to Villa sites expecting us to be nice to you when we really hope you just **** off with all your money and go bust.

But if we have to do business with you then we'll take the piss out of you because its our prerogative. If you dont like it, look elsewhere. Please.

No offence, just being honest.

it's now up to City to decide whether he's worth that to them

yours might not be the only offer in town so it might come down to does Milner want City

I happen to know first hand of a Champions League club that has made him a prime target ... now that doesn't mean he will join them but tbh I think they are in the box seat when it comes to signing Milner ..IF our club wants to entertain offers for him....

Man Citeh will be the reason why the game dies IMO. Money is ruining the game and in order to compete at the top level you need it in vast amounts. Without you cannot compete.

Everyone knows this and you cannot blame players for wanting to make the most out of it.

Man Citeh will be the reason why the game dies IMO. Money is ruining the game and in order to compete at the top level you need it in vast amounts. Without you cannot compete.

Everyone knows this and you cannot blame players for wanting to make the most out of it.

I find myself agreeing with you Richard... this feels weird :winkold:

In all seriousness the financial side of the game does need looking at. I'm sick of the 'but footballers only play until they're 35!' argument. When they finish footballing they can get a job at ASDA or something. People seem to think footballers have some divine right to not work after their playing career ends.

We need to implement some sort of salary cap definitely. Sugar Daddies also need to be kept in check

I find myself agreeing with you Richard... this feels weird :winkold:

In all seriousness the financial side of the game does need looking at. I'm sick of the 'but footballers only play until they're 35!' argument. When they finish footballing they can get a job at ASDA or something. People seem to think footballers have some divine right to not work after their playing career ends.

We need to implement some sort of salary cap definitely. Sugar Daddies also need to be kept in check

I would tend to agree with all of that. Man City are undoubtedly the Grim Reaper of fair competition. At first, it was an amusing novelty, and nice to see some of the players being bought to the premiership, but now its becoming unjust.

The thing is that this kind of spending will continue untill they plateau at the top level of world football, and Milner isnt going to help them achieve that. So they may buy a few players this summer to help them to achieve champions league, and then what? the same again but with players like Torres in their sights.

Sorry guys but this is all smelling a little like sour grapes.

If it was us who had been taken over by the arabs we'd be absolutely loving it.

People said the same thing about Chelski ruining football, have they? Or have they just made the league more competitive? Have they just raised the bar a little?

It's the nature of the beast ladies and gentleman, no point in trying to fight it as you'll only fall out of love with football, and if you've reached that point already then you're in the wrong place I'm afraid.

There are two things killing football - owners with very deep pockets and the champions league which is generating revenues for the big clubs that make them so much wealthier than their competitors.

Both of these need to be addressed for football to be competitive again.