The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Wrestlemania was shit. People always jizz over the Undertaker matches but they're boring as hell. A few minutes of wrestling followed by half an hour of both men crawling around on the ring in a daze and occasionally pulling a finisher that the other guy kicks out of much to the amazement and astonishment of the other wrestler. Repeat 10 times. Undertaker wins.

Think I'm done with WWE until Austin comes back. 

You do realise Austin is probably in worse shape than Undertaker right? The guys knees are absolutely destroyed. There's no way he'll be able to work a high intensity match. It'll be full of rest holds just like Undertaker's matches are these days.

I haven't enjoyed a Raw that much in years, but apart from the Ziggler moment I'm not sure what it would have been like without the crowd.  I don't think the positive reviews should be attributed to the booking team anyway.

Good call on Ryback.  He did kind of have a heelish look on his face, but bashing Cena in front of a hostile crowd?  That's only ever going to draw a pop.

Just had a tear in my eye watching this. Truly incredible. I've always loved DDP but this makes him one of the greatest human beings to me. The help he is giving Scott Hall - who I picked in the VT deadpool so shame on me - is remarkable, Razor is making HUGE strides to getting himself better. Oh and the work DDP is also doing with Jake Roberts is amazing as well.

Just shows us no matter how unhappy or miserable we get, it can always be turned around. Not directly related to wwe but I thought a few fellow wrestling fans might appreciate it, appreciate DDP then check out Hall and Jake's ongoing recoveries.

There was a doc about Scott Hall a while ago and he looked in a real real mess. Glad to hear he's got some help.

Will give that a watch later when I can have sound on it

Just had a tear in my eye watching this. Truly incredible. I've always loved DDP but this makes him one of the greatest human beings to me. The help he is giving Scott Hall - who I picked in the VT deadpool so shame on me - is remarkable, Razor is making HUGE strides to getting himself better. Oh and the work DDP is also doing with Jake Roberts is amazing as well.

Just shows us no matter how unhappy or miserable we get, it can always be turned around. Not directly related to wwe but I thought a few fellow wrestling fans might appreciate it, appreciate DDP then check out Hall and Jake's ongoing recoveries.

Fair play, despite the cheesy presentation, that's awesome.

Man yoga just seems amazing doesn't it? Everyone I read about who practices it seems to experience incredible results. Obviously we only hear about the success stories but I'm taking that shit up when I hit my mid-thirties!

For the second year in a row the Raw after Wrestlemania was better than Wrestlemania. It's a shame that the WWE prefer to have crowds full of kids and their mums otherwise Raws like that could happen more often.

Ziggler's cash in was a great moment, but they could not have picked a worse raw for Ryback to do a heel turn. 

Best raw since attitude era.  However, it will be the same old crap next week.  The talent pool is getting better but the booking is awful.  Orton needs to turn Heel.  Cena to be fair is pretty much a heel anyway because everyone hates him.  Ziggler should be pushed heavily from now on in.  I can't see Austin wrestling again although would love to see CM Punk v Austin at wrestlemania.

was interesting to hear the commentators talking about it and how they thought it was because of the international fans that had stayed after wrestlemania

"Eng-er-land Eng-er-land Eng-er-land"

"Wade Barrett's barmy army!"

"Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!"

Taking my Missus lad to WWE in Nottingham in a couple of weeks, don't really know much about it other than the fact that the wrestlers are incredible athletes but the whole thing is basically in like an episode of Sunset Beach in spandex. On the day we have, John Cena, CM Punk, Kane, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro and several women (who will hopeully suffer some kind of wardrobe malfunction), only cost £20 each but is that a decent set of 'stars' or are we just going to be watching the duffers with the main event in London?

Edited by AndyClarke

Â