The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

The other day I watched a film about Mick Foleys life... that guy is insane! 

You should read his first book. It's excellent.

His follow ups are decent too, but "Have a Nice Day" is the more autobiographical one and is easily the best, imo.

Yeah that was included in his life story, it's amazing that he actually wrote the book himself! Clever dude! For anyone who thinks wrestling is completely fake should watch some of Mick's stuff, the amount of pain he must have gone through would be unreal. Though, isn't wrestling like PG now? So all the crazy stuff they used to do can no longer be done?

Edited by PieFacE

Saw Mick Foley doing stand up last week, the guy moved around the stage like a crippled 80 year old. His crazy antics have definitely taken a toll.

How was the comedy though?

Good

Saw Mick Foley doing stand up last week, the guy moved around the stage like a crippled 80 year old. His crazy antics have definitely taken a toll.

How was the comedy though?

Good, though it was much more of 'an audience with...' than a proper stand up gig. He's obviously no comedian, but he's funny and entertaining enough to put on a good show.

Wrestling is fake. Everything is staged and anyone who spends money to watch this tripe needs help.

Morpheus: Is this a good business?

villaajax: Yeah it's a good business, I wouldn't be in it if it wasn't.

Morpheus: Why is it a good business?

villaajax: Because only the tough survive, that's why you ain't in it, and this punk holding the camera, he ain't in it, any of these rednecks, they ain't in it, because it's a tough business.

Morpheus: That's terrific...

villaajax: What? Is that all you've got?

Morpheus: I'll ask you the standard question...

villaajax: The standard question?

Morpheus: I think this is fake.

villaajax: You think this is fake?!

*Sends Morpheus to the floor with an open-hand slap*

villaajax: What's that, is that fake? Huh? What the hell's wrong with you, that was an open-hand slap!

*Morpheus slowly gets to his feet*

villaajax: You think this is fake?

*Sends Morpheus back to the floor with another open-hand slap*

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

The other day I watched a film about Mick Foleys life... that guy is insane!

You should read his first book. It's excellent.

His follow ups are decent too, but "Have a Nice Day" is the more autobiographical one and is easily the best, imo.

Yep great book.

The Brett Hart one is also an excellent read.

Just about to start Shawn Michaels autobiography which I think should be an interesting one as he's quite honest about what a prick he used to be.

At the town hall?

I was there also. Please tell me you were the guy who thought it was funny to ask about the cage.

The stone cold Steve Austin is also a really good thing to listen to. Had a two part interview with Kevin Nash which was really interesting.

They are quite open when speaking about the business and backstage politics.

I'm glad I was at the right age to enjoy the real golden era of wrestling.

At the town hall?

I was there also. Please tell me you were the guy who thought it was funny to ask about the cage.

Nope, can't take the credit for that one I'm afraid, saw it in London. What happened?

I would genuinely come round your house to watch that with you. I'd even let you tell everyone we're mates.

I'll take you up on that offer provided my dogs are left alone. The video is an original recording from Sky Sports in 1992, including such adverts and the Scotch Video Cassette Skelton, the Wrigley's advert where the guy gets onto a bus in the middle of a desert and sits opposite an attractive blonde, offers her half a stick of Wrigley's Spearmint Gum, before he gets off the bus at a roadside diner. She later walks in and sit next to them, they rejoin the pieces of gum :wub: . Christian Slater telling you how great Sky Movies is. Dove Soap. Ambrosia custard. Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot - coming soon to Sky Movies. WWF, in association with The Sun and Atari.

Yes, I have watched it many, many times.

Â