The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

AEW seem to be repeating the mistakes of WCW and TNA.  Having Jeff Jarrett in a Texas Chainsaw Massace Match was a horrendous low point.  

AEW really needs to push its own talent and ditch some of the ex-WWE talent.  I really do not want to see the Hardy Boys, Keith Lee, Jeff Jarrett , Christian Cage etc.

I have to say Christian cage ia one of my favourites at the moment. This is some of his best heel work ever.

The rest i agree. Lee has  been poorly uaed in aew. I think he is better off going back wwe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Amazing. I saw one on Reddit recently where you're got some classic JR commentary from either a Hell in a Cell or TLC match, over the top of two kangaroo's fighting where one throws the other through a fence. 

I'm not sure it should be quite as funny as it is. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wwe is a embarrassment 

Reveal hidden contents

Logan paul wins US title. Nothing like spitting in the face of the wrestlers who been with company for years for a youtube loser.

Well done vince you clown 🤡 

Spoiler

Well all he has got is praise today for quick thinking like a veteran and saving Mysterio from a terrible botch that could have paralysed him

1 hour ago, Zatman said:
  Hide contents

Well all he has got is praise today for quick thinking like a veteran and saving Mysterio from a terrible botch that could have paralysed him

Yeah i saw that clip that was very good of him but the point is

Spoiler

Alot of more deserving people like LA KNIGHT, the miz, lashley, escobar etc

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i saw that clip that was very good of him but the point is

Hide contents

Alot of more deserving people like LA KNIGHT, the miz, lashley, escobar etc

Spoiler

Define deserving. He's potentially brought in more money for WWE based off his profile and following. It's also a decision that got people talking, which it wouldn't be for the others you mentioned. 

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've watched a fair bit recently and Paul is a really entertaining heel that the fans actually boo.  A feud with Bron Breakker for the title would be great to get him off NXT.  I **** loved the Steiners when I was a kid.

The way i would book this is have paul having it until WM and then have a big LA knight- paul feud at WM where knight wins US title. They can start the feud at RR and build a good story out of it.

It would be brilliant story telling and both are excellent on the mic. For now have him feuding with mysterio LWO then he can move to a feud. Maybe a feud with sheamus or KO 1st?

Hope they wont just feed LA knight to paul that would utter garbage but nothing would suprise me with vince

Edited by Demitri_C

LA Knight has to be the long term plan for the US Belt and they couldn't have him take it from Mysterio (who imo had a really poor run), as he is Face.

There is no one more hated than LP by Wrestling fans for the exact reasons you've stated above. LA Knight as the biggest face, who has worked his way up the hard way v Paul who has been 'hand picked' is the perfect story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crumpet said:

LA Knight has to be the long term plan for the US Belt and they couldn't have him take it from Mysterio (who imo had a really poor run), as he is Face.

There is no one more hated than LP by Wrestling fans for the exact reasons you've stated above. LA Knight as the biggest face, who has worked his way up the hard way v Paul who has been 'hand picked' is the perfect story.

Agree i just hope they save it for WM. It would be brilliant TV feud

• Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 16:09, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think it has been posted or mentioned in here at the time, but former WWE star Darren 'Droz' Drozdov passed away back in June this year aged 54.   😔

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEa7DG59hz_eEzJVX_iE_

🤮 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

AEW have taken down videos Stevie Richards have made because he was highlighting wrestler safety as he said somebody will get seriously hurt working there

Absolute scumbag organisation

Wow. Funny enough i watched onw recently of him when nia jax returned and he said how reckless she was and also  almost seriously injured ripley.

Tony khans turning into a bit of a idiot. He cant take criticism at all can he? Surely highlighting safety is a good thing to avoid injuries?

Edited by Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...

AEW's Full Gear show was decent, Swerve showing that he can go really, really hard when necessary - but let's not forget he was part of the best televised north American death match ever in Lucha Underground, and has participated in CZW's Cage of Death when that actually meant something. 

His match against Page might be worth watching purely to give context to Jim Cornette's comments/review of it, which is absolutely hilarious (or horrifying depending on your point of view). 

AEW have also just announced their 2 blocks of 6 wrestlers, and the rules, for their version of a round robin tournament, the best worldwide example being the G1 Climax in NJPW. It's been a long time coming, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle it from a booking perspective as New Japan have done some interesting things over the years to keep it interesting. 

Â