The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm surprised they've been so generous with the YouTube content.  You can probably see half the show in the clips they've put up.  

They are making a huge deal about "new eras", wresting is cool again etc. Clearly trying to re-engage lapsed audiences who left when it went OTT on the Cena PG stuff (that's when I turned off). 

Looks like they are working closely with TKO / UFC who are quite successful generating interest from Youtube. The press conferences are exactly like Dana White / UFC. Expect some sort of UFC embedded type work in the future

• Like 2

Conflicted over this mania. I really liked the ending, but without spoiling anything I would have liked to have seen one major change.

Spoiler

Glass breaking and a stunner, rather than a bell and a chokeslam. Wonder why they didn't get SCSA? Him v the rock is arguably the greatest modern rivalry.

I do think this was a three match mania. Other than the two main events, the only other match with a meaningful build was Drew v Seth.

Really enjoyed both nights, I just didn't care enough about the other matches.

Good to hear them moving away from the Pg era too, and back towards professional wrestling.

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Conflicted over this mania. I really liked the ending, but without spoiling anything I would have liked to have seen one major change.

Hide contents

Glass breaking and a stunner, rather than a bell and a chokeslam. Wonder why they didn't get SCSA? Him v the rock is arguably the greatest modern rivalry.

I do think this was a three match mania. Other than the two main events, the only other match with a meaningful build was Drew v Seth.

Good to hear them moving away from the Pg era too, and back towards professional wrestling.

I reckon that was initially planned to be Austin.  It just fit perfect and it was foreshadowed with him and Cena on the truck the other week.

The glass breaking may well have been the biggest pop of all time.  Austin face to face with nemesis once more.  First time I've ever been disappointed to see Taker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Hide contents

That spoiler was heavily predicted all over the Internet which probably put pay to it. He also has no real history with Reigns so this did kinda fit better in a weird way.

In response to that spoiler

Spoiler

I do agree Austin would have been better, but I've seen people saying Taker made no sense.
But I think with The Rock's current persona and Taker's perception of being like the godfather of the locker room, protecting what's right and also with his legendary status around Mania it did totally work. 

It also kind of countered the "Final Boss" stuff that The Rock has been pushing. It's Wrestlemania. The Rock isn't the final boss, the Undertaker is.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hide contents

I do agree Austin would have been better, but I've seen people saying Taker made no sense.
But I think with The Rock's current persona and Taker's perception of being like the godfather of the locker room, protecting what's right and also with his legendary status around Mania it did totally work. 

It also kind of countered the "Final Boss" stuff that The Rock has been pushing. It's Wrestlemania. The Rock isn't the final boss, the Undertaker is.

Spoiler

I think it would have fit against The Rock though. Stone Cold always put him in line when he was a heel, except for Stone Cold's real last match at mania 19. Would have made sense. 

That being said, if Taker gave a chokeslam to Roman as well then it would have improved things because of their history.

I'm really not crapping on it, I still popped when I saw taker. The first ppv I ever watched was summerslam 90, so he holds a special place in my heart.

I think it's much more likely that Taker wasn't chosen ahead of Austin.  He was subbed in for him for whatever reason.

Edited by Wainy316

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Also, Philadelphia is famous for the Liberty Bell, so when the bell chimed for Taker…

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I would love to know how Mania unfolded in that alternate dimension where Rock v Roman went ahead

Roman would have beaten The Rock in the main event of Night 2 and everyone would have carried on with their lives until the next PPV Roman decided to show up for.

The reason I say The Rock would have lost is because The Rock is filming a movie from May til August, so he was never getting the belt unless WWE wanted an even more part time champion than Roman himself. 

As for the build? The Rock wouldn't have turned heel because Roman is a heel, and The Rock would have had to try and carry the whole program as a face by himself because Roman barely shows up. 

Cody vs Reigns was the only program that made sense. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

TNT Sports?  Though I find it unwatchable live with all the commercial breaks they have.

Can I get this on my fire stick?

8 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Can I get this on my fire stick?

It used to be BT sports. It's available on most illegitimate streaming devices. I get it on mine. Some of the fire sticks and streaming apps have on demand TV shows and movies on. By lunch time tomorrow Raw will be on there if you don't fancy staying up.

Â