The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Think this will be the first one I won’t be buying, I’ll probably change my mind Sunday 😂

I dont know if you have seebmn this weeks Dynamite but its **** awful so id be suprised if you change your mind

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know if you have seebmn this weeks Dynamite but its **** awful so id be suprised if you change your mind

Its gotten to the point I only YouTube watch Dynamite and watch the full episode of Collision. I really enjoyed the continuation of storylines on Collision and was looking forward to seeing how Starks storyline with Punk unfolded but it’s all up in the air now I guess.

On 29/08/2023 at 10:49, Demitri_C said:

Apparently CM punk was nit hapiy when he got to london as no car was waiting for him and the cab number privided for him was not correct. So he ended up getting the tube and fans had to help get to where he wanted to go.

What a shambles aew is 😆

They put on an event with the largest paying crowd in wrestling history and they're a shambles because apparently Punk didn't get picked up. I don't think so. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

They put on an event with the largest paying crowd in wrestling history and they're a shambles because apparently Punk didn't get picked up. I don't think so. 

Did you even bother to read what i said?

Dont make things up please

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The card for all out looks absolutely abysmal. The build upa been poor and very rushed

They really have made a mess of having two ppvs in a week. 

Im guessing a big endings planned because otherwise the ppv will be  a big time flop

@DCJonah

If you read the post that i asked you to i wouldnt have to repeat myself

Thats why its a shambles and i also even said it above this weeks Dynamite is really bad

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

@DCJonah

If you read the post that i asked you to i wouldnt have to repeat myself

Thats why its a shambles and i also even said it above this weeks Dynamite is really bad

You called them a shambles in a post about Punk not getting picked up. That's the post I quoted. 

Fair enough if you meant it because of other reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You called them a shambles in a post about Punk not getting picked up. That's the post I quoted. 

Fair enough if you meant it because of other reasons. 

No worries 👌Yeah the post was more for the build up of all out.

I don't understand why he has gone two ppvs in a week.

Thers is no way  all outs topping all in. Only thing i can see happening is a dramatic ending to ppv to save it.

Maybe sasha bank debuts? Or cole turns on MJF. Cant see two endings the same tbh. Sonething more dramatic is going to happen

I don't think anything dramatic is going to happen.

The simplest explanation is often the correct one and I think All Out is just a weak PPV because all the build was all for All In. Meanwhile, the few matches that were specifically built for All Out are either lame, or aren't happening anymore because a certain someone is suspended.

The matches that have "build" on the card;

• Luchasaurus vs Darby Allin
  • Miro vs Powerhouse Hobbs (weak build, but they at least tried for a couple weeks)
  • Bullet Club Gold vs Young Bucks/FTR (Bullet Club Gold have been feuding with every tag team they can find to show they're the best, so this works)
  • Kenny Omega vs Konosuke Takeshita

So 4 out of the 9 matches on All Out have some kind of build, while the rest are pretty much Dynamite/Collision level matches. 

The main event of All Out was meant to be CM Punk vs Ricky Starks for the "Real" Worlds Championship. This would have been the 5th match with some kind of build as the two have been feuding for weeks, but CM Punk has been indefinitely suspended so the "biggest" match of the night likely isn't happening.

As for the drama points?

• Mercedes Mone was still wearing a protective boot at All In, so I don't think she's doing anything with AEW for a while. If she was cleared, I think she would have debuted at All In. 
  • The MJF/Cole story is just getting started and if they wanted to do the betrayal I think they also would have done that at All In. I could be wrong, but I think we're just at he beginning of a potentially long storyline between the two. 

Of course Tony Khan could still be planning something to happen, but I can't imagine the advance buys for this PPV have been strong. Is Tony Khan going to have a big surprise planned for a PPV that 80% of the fanbase might not watch because they all just dropped money buying All In?

Edited by Daweii

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I've found the build for the Dem v DCJ fued lacking a bit so far. Perhaps if they book a TLC match I'd be a bit more invested. 

More interested in a Purslow on a Pole match

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

I don't think anything dramatic is going to happen.

The simplest explanation is often the correct one and I think All Out is just a weak PPV because all the build was all for All In. Meanwhile, the few matches that were specifically built for All Out are either lame, or aren't happening anymore because a certain someone is suspended.

The matches that have "build" on the card;

• Luchasaurus vs Darby Allin
  • Miro vs Powerhouse Hobbs (weak build, but they at least tried for a couple weeks)
  • Bullet Club Gold vs Young Bucks/FTR (Bullet Club Gold have been feuding with every tag team they can find to show they're the best, so this works)
  • Kenny Omega vs Konosuke Takeshita

So 4 out of the 9 matches on All Out have some kind of build, while the rest are pretty much Dynamite/Collision level matches. 

The main event of All Out was meant to be CM Punk vs Ricky Starks for the "Real" Worlds Championship. This would have been the 5th match with some kind of build as the two have been feuding for weeks, but CM Punk has been indefinitely suspended so the "biggest" match of the night likely isn't happening.

As for the drama points?

• Mercedes Mone was still wearing a protective boot at All In, so I don't think she's doing anything with AEW for a while. If she was cleared, I think she would have debuted at All In. 
  • The MJF/Cole story is just getting started and if they wanted to do the betrayal I think they also would have done that at All In. I could be wrong, but I think we're just at he beginning of a potentially long storyline between the two. 

Of course Tony Khan could still be planning something to happen, but I can't imagine the advance buys for this PPV have been strong. Is Tony Khan going to have a big surprise planned for a PPV that 80% of the fanbase might not watch because they all just dropped money buying All In?

Good analysis 

How the hell are they going to have a Chicago ppv with no punk? The fans are going to riot. What a shit show.

I think you might be right the betrayal might not happen yet but they should probably have someone attack both cole and MJF at the wnd of ppv of thw betrayal isnt happening yet.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone hear lhans comments about he was worried about his "safety" last week?

It must have been a very bad incident 

Dave Meltzer (Wrestling Observer Magazine) stated yesterday that a non-wrestling eye witness backstage had said that CM Punk lunged at Tony Khan after choking out Jack Perry, and "lunged" is apparently underselling it. It sounds like CM Punk attacked the boss, or at least attempted to. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Dave Meltzer (Wrestling Observer Magazine) stated yesterday that a non-wrestling eye witness backstage had said that CM Punk lunged at Tony Khan after choking out Jack Perry, and "lunged" is apparently underselling it. It sounds like CM Punk attacked the boss, or at least attempted to. 

If thats the case i hope punks career is over. Khan gave him a opportunity to revive his failed career and thats how he repays him. clearing in the woods.

Failed UFC figher, failed aew 

Good riddance

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Â