The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I watched the Royal Rumble earlier, it all seemed very safe and predictable, not sure if that was due to the circumstances or what.  I'm not sure it was worth me paying for but I've always had a soft spot for the Rumble.

Spoiler

I really like Bron Breaker so glad he got a go instead of Lesnar, his spear to the Viking dude was immense

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched the Royal Rumble earlier, it all seemed very safe and predictable, not sure if that was due to the circumstances or what.  I'm not sure it was worth me paying for but I've always had a soft spot for the Rumble.

Reveal hidden contents

I really like Bron Breaker so glad he got a go instead of Lesnar, his spear to the Viking dude was immense

There were no notable surprises, but Bron looked like a future star, as did Tiffany Stratton and Jade Cargill.

Think the people who may come back for a one off are getting too old for it now. In a way, whilst it's disappointing not to get that pop of a returning legend, it's good that some of the mid carders are getting a spot.

I thought the women's was a much better match than the men's too. Their roster is really good, with some top prospects coming through.

It was all very predictable though, but this is the problem when the writers don't bother with 95% of the roster.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Every Rumble winner has been painfully predictable since 2019.

I'm guessing Seth Rollins being injured and maybe not ready for Wrestlemania meant they couldn't really have CM Punk win it, only to not have an opponent.  I hate Seth Rollins anyway.

Lots of rumours, some dirt sheets "confirming", that CM Punk tore his triceps at the Rumble.

If it's true, then his return didn't last too long.

Changes things for mania, lots of people thought that he was set to face Seth.

If it was a work then it'd be fantastic. Everyone is writing off Punk as too injury prone now.

I do think it will leave Raw short for a while now though. Cody will go to Smackdown to chase Roman after the chamber, Seth and Punk injured too. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the top Smackdown stars came over. It does leave an interesting question on who'll face Seth at mania now. I hope it's Gunther, title v title, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Drew, Jey, or Sammi too.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bloodline story is my favourite of all time, and I’m an “attitude era” mark. If Cody wins at WM thanks to The Rock stopping interference, setting up his match with Roman - this easily becomes the best story of all time. I thought it was wrong to hold off on Cody last year, but WWE has stumbled on gold here.

Rock is twice the size he was in the attitude era and 20 year's older. I'm not convinced about his agility for a headline match. Reminds me of Steiner when he could barely move (but not as bad). Hopefully it's just ring rust and not another example of a legend being disappointing.

21 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The Bloodline story is my favourite of all time, and I’m an “attitude era” mark. If Cody wins at WM thanks to The Rock stopping interference, setting up his match with Roman - this easily becomes the best story of all time. I thought it was wrong to hold off on Cody last year, but WWE has stumbled on gold here.

There were loads of subtle little things during that promo. The Rock holding an L in the air rather than a '1'. Pointing in the direction of Roman and the Bloodline when he talked about leaving WM losing everything.

54 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

There were loads of subtle little things during that promo. The Rock holding an L in the air rather than a '1'. Pointing in the direction of Roman and the Bloodline when he talked about leaving WM losing everything.

Yes absolutely, which I hope is where it’s going. Really looking forward to seeing what happens.

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yes absolutely, which I hope is where it’s going. Really looking forward to seeing what happens.

Well it probably was but everyone has guessed it now so they might have to change direction again.

• Like 1

Â