The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

• 3 weeks later...

Danhausen seems to have returned to the independent scene whilst remaining on the AEW roster.  

That guy has amazing talent.  Its just a shame its not wrestling talent.  

I can't believe AEW hasn't found him a storyline outside of the ring.  But I also wonder if his desire to actually wrestle will end up costing him dearly.  

Last night’s Raw was absolutely outstanding.  A Chicago crowd will enhance any show but it was brilliant from top to bottom.

A very evident move away from the PG presentation too, maybe preparing for the Netflix move.

Whoever is on production now is absolutely killing it too.  Kevin Dunn will not be missed.

A good mate recommended Dark Side of the Ring (ooer missus) - I was an fairweather fan as a kid, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Bret the Hitman Hart - The documentary, absolutely superb. I've no idea how much it's been tarted up but it's a great watch, even for a casual viewer like me. 

8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

A good mate recommended Dark Side of the Ring (ooer missus) - I was an fairweather fan as a kid, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Bret the Hitman Hart - The documentary, absolutely superb. I've no idea how much it's been tarted up but it's a great watch, even for a casual viewer like me. 

Very good, the airplane from hell Ep is insane.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Last night’s Raw was absolutely outstanding.  A Chicago crowd will enhance any show but it was brilliant from top to bottom.

A very evident move away from the PG presentation too, maybe preparing for the Netflix move.

Whoever is on production now is absolutely killing it too.  Kevin Dunn will not be missed.

I’m loving it. I can’t wait to stay up and watch WM.

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching Stand and Deliver, and also set to watch WM on both nights.

Predictions:

Six-pack tag: Awesome Truth + Theory & Waller

Jimmy Uso

Gunther

Rhea Ripley

The Rock & Roman

Final Testament

LA Knight

Logan Paul

Bayley

Drew + Cash in from Damian

Cody Rhodes

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I am watching Stand and Deliver, and also set to watch WM on both nights.

Predictions

Cody Rhodes

I'm not sure he's going to win this one the traditional way of pinning Roman. The build up to mania has been good, but Roman has been sidelined by The Rock. The Rock v Cody is the match people want now. I'm expecting some kind of swerve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm not sure he's going to win this one the traditional way of pinning Roman. The build up to mania has been good, but Roman has been sidelined by The Rock. The Rock v Cody is the match people want now. I'm expecting some kind of swerve.

I can see a "Dusty finish" 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2024 at 21:56, flamingsombrero said:

A little shout out to by far the best wrestling channel out there.

https://www.youtube.com/@WrestleMe

E-hejzhWQAQj2cF.jpg

Yeah brilliant content. Was annoyed when they put their podcast behind a paywall as I used to really enjoy it. 

But the YouTube channel catches all the best bits anyway so it’s all good

I came to it a bit later so didn't have that conflict as the patreon was already in place. Well worth the money but plenty of good stuff in the youtube clips like you say.

In other news, following CM Punk taking a jab at them in some interviews AEW have announced they are going to show the CCTV footage of the backstage fight at Wembley. I think there is a paper thin scenario were this ends up being a good idea. If I was betting, I recon it will show they were in the right and Punk is full of shit but still have the effect of turning a lot of people off from AEW.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

I came to it a bit later so didn't have that conflict as the patreon was already in place. Well worth the money but plenty of good stuff in the youtube clips like you say.

In other news following CM Punk taking a jab at them in some interviews AEW have announced they are going to show the CCTV footage of the backstage fight at Wembley. I think there is a paper thin scenario were this ends up being a good idea. If I was betting, I recon it will show they were in the right and Punk is full of shit but still have the effect of turning a lot of people off from AEW.

It is 1000% a terrible idea to air their dirty laundry like this even if that dirty laundry has, "CM Punk is a lying word removed" written on it. What they prove by airing this is potentially not enough of a win to counter how unprofessional it'll make them look. That said, I like to watch the world burn from time to time, so I'm excited to see this footage and excited to witness the aftermath on wrestling Twitter. 

• Like 1

It's been billed as the Young Bucks presenting "unseen backstage footage" so in spite of reports of it not being a swerve, I'm fully expecting it to be some totally unrelated footage of YB kayfabe "brawling" with FTR or something.

Gonna be car crash popcorn if they actually do show it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

That main event was absolutely, utterly, entirely and wholly ridiculous. 

(I loved every second!)

It was awesome!

Â