The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Anyway asking the real big question from last night... did Sue really pay the congestion/low emission charge just to bring her boys some home-baked treats? Babyface move of the year.

• Haha 2

I likely won't be going to all All In 2024. I didn't go to this years All In. I was going to, but I remembered that I prefer the TV presentation over the atmosphere of being there live. Back in the day I went to WWF Insurrextion 2000 and 2001 at Earls Court in London which was fun, but each time I felt like I was missing something and the atmosphere wasn't making up for it. So, during Insurrextion 2001 I realised I'd probably be having more fun sat at home watching it on Sky Box Office with a large pepperoni pizza. Not sure I'll ever go to another wrestling event live even though All In did look fun.

As I said to Gareth (virtually! Shame the VT meetup didn't happen, next year I'd really try and get there earlier and leave later) it was the quickest 6 hours of my life I think, great entertainment from start to finish. 

Next show for me will probably be Royal Quest 3 at the Copper Box in October, great great arena for wrestling. In a parellel to the All Out event, it takes place just a few days after Dominion though, which itself is a big show in Japan. No clue what the card will be yet, but it'll be worth going just to see Gabe Kidd acting like an utter mad man. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I likely won't be going to all All In 2024. I didn't go to this years All In. I was going to, but I remembered that I prefer the TV presentation over the atmosphere of being there live. Back in the day I went to WWF Insurrextion 2000 and 2001 at Earls Court in London which was fun, but each time I felt like I was missing something and the atmosphere wasn't making up for it. So, during Insurrextion 2001 I realised I'd probably be having more fun sat at home watching it on Sky Box Office with a large pepperoni pizza. Not sure I'll ever go to another wrestling event live even though All In did look fun.

i enjoyed the event it was great but did i think if i didnt leave that bit earlier than i did ut would have been **** horrendous getting home. Thats put me off abit going next year.

it was great fun but i get your point. I

You get a greater experience prob from home. I mean i could see the ring but i was sat at a angle of the ring and one of the pillars blocked alot of the view which was annoying.

I think ill only go next year if i can floor seats. I think after the success this year next year it will be just as big as there is alot of aew fans here clearly.

They really need to do a WM here. We would sell it out with double the capacity of Wembley 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They really need to do a WM here. We would sell it out with double the capacity of Wembley 

I am curious to see what WWE do about WrestleMania in the UK. I know they want to bring it to the UK, but there are a limited number of event slots at Wembley each year, and there is every chance that AEW are making All In a yearly event to keep WWE out of Wembley.

We might also be waiting a while for WWE to make any plans for WrestleMania in the UK. I think the next three locations for WrestleMania are Philadelphia (2024), Minneapolis (2025), and Las Vegas (2026). 

18 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I am curious to see what WWE do about WrestleMania in the UK. I know they want to bring it to the UK, but there are a limited number of event slots at Wembley each year, and there is every chance that AEW are making All In a yearly event to keep WWE out of Wembley.

We might also be waiting a while for WWE to make any plans for WrestleMania in the UK. I think the next three locations for WrestleMania are Philadelphia (2024), Minneapolis (2025), and Las Vegas (2026). 

Vegas [yawn] what a crap location to do WM.

Vegas has turned into a proper shit hole now. Its dirty, full of homeless and **** expensive as hell. You would have to be a die hard wrwstling fan to do a 2night ecent there. 

As for WM in london i think they should try a Summerslam or survivor series. Hell why not even a royal rumble!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Vegas [yawn] what a crap location to do WM.

Vegas has turned into a proper shit hole now. Its dirty, full of homeless and **** expensive as hell. You would have to be a die hard wrwstling fan to do a 2night ecent there. 

As for WM in london i think they should try a Summerslam or survivor series. Hell why not even a royal rumble!

Royal Rumble would be freezing at Wembley.  I reckon they will do night one of a Wrestlemania in London then night two in the U.S.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

The time zone wouldnt help either, AEW for all its hype is nowhere near a Wrestlemania level of show. You can get away with an odd event but not a monster like this

One of the reasons I think Wembley hasnt had a Super Bowl yet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Royal Rumble would be freezing at Wembley.  I reckon they will do night one of a Wrestlemania in London then night two in the U.S.

I think that would be great but absolutely logistical nightmare. Couldnt see them doing that unfortunately 

Yeah your right about RR didnt think about weather.  Fans will still go though

Apparently CM punk was nit hapiy when he got to london as no car was waiting for him and the cab number privided for him was not correct. So he ended up getting the tube and fans had to help get to where he wanted to go.

What a shambles aew is 😆

On the one hand it's a shame that there wasn't a car there to pick him up, but on the other hand at least AEW tries as WWE don't provide cars to pick up wrestlers. If WWE did an event in the UK then every wrestler on the card is paying for their own flight, paying for their own transport once on the ground, and paying for their own hotel. The fact that there being no car was an annoyance for CM Punk tells us how different AEW and WWE are. If this was WWE then CM Punk wouldn't be annoyed because he wouldn't be expecting a car, but AEW do things differently and on this occasion something went wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

On the one hand it's a shame that there wasn't a car there to pick him up, but on the other hand at least AEW tries as WWE don't provide cars to pick up wrestlers. If WWE did an event in the UK then every wrestler on the card is paying for their own flight, paying for their own transport once on the ground, and paying for their own hotel. The fact that there being no car was an annoyance for CM Punk tells us how different AEW and WWE are. If this was WWE then CM Punk wouldn't be annoyed because he wouldn't be expecting a car, but AEW do things differently and on this occasion something went wrong.

This reminds me of the story of Ted Dibiase in the 80s and 90s.

I haven't verified this but it's a pretty widespread story.

Apparently whilst most of the other wrestlers had to travel coach everywhere and ride share and share rooms etc, DiBiase went everywhere first class, got limos, stayed in hotel suites etc. Kayfabe was so important and still so protected that the WWF couldn't let the Million Dollar Man be seen to be travelling economy as it wouldn't make sense when he was supposedly so rich.

So he got to travel in the lap of luxury and everyone else was left to fend for themselves

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This reminds me of the story of Ted Dibiase in the 80s and 90s.

I haven't verified this but it's a pretty widespread story.

Apparently whilst most of the other wrestlers had to travel coach everywhere and ride share and share rooms etc, DiBiase went everywhere first class, got limos, stayed in hotel suites etc. Kayfabe was so important and still so protected that the WWF couldn't let the Million Dollar Man be seen to be travelling economy as it wouldn't make sense when he was supposedly so rich.

So he got to travel in the lap of luxury and everyone else was left to fend for themselves

That story is great. 

I love that his entire gimmick manifested into living a life of absolute luxury. It's a shame that such a gimmick wouldn't really work today as wrestling fans have long since separated the characters from the human playing the character, but I'm glad there was a time where kayfabe was allowed to thrive in such a way. 

We've lost a lot thanks to the Internet and social media. 

47 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Chicago crowd will highjack the show at All Out if Punk isn’t on it what a mess.

The card for all out looks absolutely abysmal. The build upa been poor and very rushed

They really have made a mess of having two ppvs in a week. 

Im guessing a big endings planned because otherwise the ppv will be  a big time flop

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The card for all out looks absolutely abysmal. The build upa been poor and very rushed

They really have made a mess of having two ppvs in a week. 

Im guessing a big endings planned because otherwise the ppv will be  a big time flop

Think this will be the first one I won’t be buying, I’ll probably change my mind Sunday 😂

Â