Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

I think we will be lucky if he stays with us after reading through this thread. It appears that the only opinion worth having here is one pinpointing change when stability is often what is needed. He has improved us year on year so far so he automatically deserves another season to see what can be done in the next.

His record in the transfer market is pretty good since our entire 1st team has been signed by him apart from Gabby but MON developed him so deserves credit for it. We need more strength in depth if we are to challenge regularly for 4th place but I'm sure he knows this more than anyone. He is building a squad from scratch and that takes time. His squad has brought us to a CC final, FA cup semi and within touching distance of 4th this season, imagine what could happen with some more quality signings!

He has overachieved this season and last with the squad he has and the media hype surrounding us has the fans expecting success in every area resulting in outrageous comments suggesting that we would be better off without him.

I can assure you if the fans force him out of the door after what he has done for us his replacement will not be Mourinho or Bilic or Jol or Benitez because why would they touch a club whose supporters turn on their manager so quickly.

Here's hoping no one at Villa Park reads this website!

I think we will be lucky if he stays with us after reading through this thread. It appears that the only opinion worth having here is one pinpointing change when stability is often what is needed. He has improved us year on year so far so he automatically deserves another season to see what can be done in the next.

His record in the transfer market is pretty good since our entire 1st team has been signed by him apart from Gabby but MON developed him so deserves credit for it. We need more strength in depth if we are to challenge regularly for 4th place but I'm sure he knows this more than anyone. He is building a squad from scratch and that takes time. His squad has brought us to a CC final, FA cup semi and within touching distance of 4th this season, imagine what could happen with some more quality signings!

He has overachieved this season and last with the squad he has and the media hype surrounding us has the fans expecting success in every area resulting in outrageous comments suggesting that we would be better off without him.

I can assure you if the fans force him out of the door after what he has done for us his replacement will not be Mourinho or Bilic or Jol or Benitez because why would they touch a club whose supporters turn on their manager so quickly.

Very good post there. I would be so gutted if MON left because some of the "fans" pushed him out. It's something which could've been avoided.

My choices - all realistic if we act quickly

Van Basten

Zico

Rykyead

Really so say you were to offered a management job and you've heard that the fans boo the team when they should be supportive so you decide to do a bit more research into these "supporters" and visit a popular messageboard for this team where you see posts from vocal fans like, you. Would you take the job or wait for something better to come along?

Whos Rykyead???

:lol:

Oh for the love of God, how on EARTH would the fans push O'Neill out. If he's spineless enough to leave because a few people on a website don't think he's up to much, then we'd be better off without him anyway.

If he ever does leave, it'll either be because he doesn't think he can take us any further, or more likely, Randy comes to the same conclusion. And you don't think that the likes of Jol and Benitez have ever been criticised by their own fans?!

Good grief, sometimes we're so keen to have a go at our fellow fans. We're no better or worse than any other set of fans. ALL teams have fans that boo at times, ALL teams have fans that criticise their manager on internet sites. Apart from the Blues of course, who mostly don't have electricity in their houses, (if they could read in the first place). O'Neill is hardly getting death threats or facing organised protests. Stop being such a bunch of melodramatic girls.

Oh for the love of God, how on EARTH would the fans push O'Neill out. If he's spineless enough to leave because a few people on a website don't think he's up to much, then we'd be better off without him anyway.

If he ever does leave, it'll either be because he doesn't think he can take us any further, or more likely, Randy comes to the same conclusion. And you don't think that the likes of Jol and Benitez have ever been criticised by their own fans?!

Good grief, sometimes we're so keen to have a go at our fellow fans. We're no better or worse than any other set of fans. ALL teams have fans that boo at times, ALL teams have fans that criticise their manager on internet sites. Apart from the Blues of course, who mostly don't have electricity in their houses, (if they could read in the first place). O'Neill is hardly getting death threats or facing organised protests. Stop being such a bunch of melodramatic girls.

Risso, if you could push him out, would you?

Makes me laugh so so so so so much

Top managers would not touch sides who's supporters slag them off so much.

Weird, can't see how Fergusun has put up with the "prawn sandwich brigade" - he should have quit years ago, how dare they have a go at the nice nice man !

The likes of Scholari, Zico and others come from places that SHOOT their managers !.

Jesus christ, go to Real Madrid and see what the fans are like there if you are unsuccessful !.

In fact, go to bloody Newcastle !

Mild booing at Villa Park would put managers off :D

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

If i have any updates i will post on here.

Hmmm. So this appears on Villatalk at 5.20 pm on 29 March.

On 30 March rumours sweep the airwaves/internet that MON has left.

Obviously, no connection. :winkold:

Great post, can't agree more. I don't understand why some of our fans get on his back (yes you can point to the 7-1 or what appears to be his reluctance to use the bench), if you look at where we were just 5 seasons ago, battling relegation, now we seem to be consistantly fighting for Europe. I am as frustrated as the next man when we don't perform but I think the art of consistency is learn't and not achieved overnight. Most of the teams around us are going to improve year on year and we will always be battling with them for a higher league position, but we can't expect to walk into the CL just because we nearly did it last season, especially not when you have Man City who are just going to throw money at the squad in order to achieve qualification, we can't compete with that, but it gives me great satisfaction to seem MON building a fantastic starting 11. I for one want MON as our manager and will support him and the team through all our ups and downs, that is what football is about after all!

Great post, can't agree more. I don't understand why some of our fans get on his back (yes you can point to the 7-1 or what appears to be his reluctance to use the bench), if you look at where we were just 5 seasons ago, battling relegation, now we seem to be consistantly fighting for Europe. I am as frustrated as the next man when we don't perform but I think the art of consistency is learn't and not achieved overnight. Most of the teams around us are going to improve year on year and we will always be battling with them for a higher league position, but we can't expect to walk into the CL just because we nearly did it last season, especially not when you have Man City who are just going to throw money at the squad in order to achieve qualification, we can't compete with that, but it gives me great satisfaction to seem MON building a fantastic starting 11. I for one want MON as our manager and will support him and the team through all our ups and downs, that is what football is about after all!

agree with these two posts

By the way, more on the point about no smoke etc...

Can anyone tell me why VIlla would not put an official statement out denying this if it was rubbish ?

The reason "it is so ludicrous it doesn't merit comment" is rubbish.

So, you were a potential sponsor, maybe, say CEO of Sony UK. what would you be thinking.

You were a player that maybe Villa have been interested in , obvious examples Schenider, Van De Vaart, Jones, Bent etc. It is 8 weeks ago to the end of the season, and your agents are sounding out clubs. Would you consider Villa not knowing what was happening.

All it would take was a one line statement on the official site - but nothing.

Sounds fishy to me. Whether it be today, or the future, something is going on,

Why would anybody with half a brain quit a £3m a year job because a few people on the internet criticise him?

And more importantly, which team do you think he'd go to where the manager receives no criticism at all?

Why would anybody with half a brain quit a £3m a year job because a few people on the internet criticise him?

And more importantly, which team do you think he'd go to where the manager receives no criticism at all?

EXACTLY !

Nicely said in a few lines

EXACTLY !

Nicely said in a few lines

So you think Randy wants rid potentially?

I dont know either way. I just think it is ludicrous that people on here are saying "if MON goes it is all down to you moaning".

Get a life I say, in my job, I am bombarded with criticism every hour of my working day - and guess what, on the off topic thread there is a post having a go at the trade I am in - AND THERE WAS ONE ON THIS BIT LAST SATURDAY.

I haven't cried and quit my job !

If he goes, then it is because he has spent more money than probably the last 7 Villa managers put together and considering he finished 10th with David O'Leary's squad, we will only be 2, or god forbid, one place above it !

Goalposts haven't stopped changing in the league since MON arrived.

A lot of other teams have got Billionaire owners.

Spurs had a poor season last year and were always going to threaten.

Everton had a bad start but are showing that they are all up for the party.

I don't see MON seeing a bigger challenge at Celtic with all the above going on.

He was a hero at Celtic, why go back now to a struggling league with a struggling Old Firm and ruin his legacy now?

He's started to assemble a squad and he has a job to do here.

Simples ... eeek!