Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

For all his flaws I hope he doesn't. A new manager would just bring a different set of shortcomings.

This is the nail on the head for me. While MON has a few slight hinderances, another manager that we'd realistically get would probably be worse. Also I believe if MON left so would a FEW of our players.

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

If i have any updates i will post on here.

We have already established that MON is a stubborn, cantankerous sod. If he handed his notice in, even the SAS couldn't get him to change his mind. I doubt if this is true and is one of those rumours that only seem to come out after the event.

I can't see MON walking out on the club until he feels he can't progress us or the boo boys force him out.

Thats what he said:

quote="smetrov"]

Well I did hear back in September - that MON was annoyed with the flak he got in the transfer window. I heard that he just can't get the players he wants to come to villa - they just don't want to come. He has no problems with Randy or the players - he just doesn't see it going any further.

I'm pretty much sure thats what he just said.

Out of interest, would people rather have Mo'N or Harry Redknob as manager. Try not to justify your responses with Redknapp's a prick or something similar....

That is my justification. In a league where winning the title is a pipe dream and we operate on varying levels of mediocrity, the characters are important. I'd be extremely pissed off with Redknapp.

He hates us anyway, but then he got a bunch of Spurs fans charged (and acquitted) not long before going there so that means nothing.

Out of interest, would people rather have Mo'N or Harry Redknob as manager. Try not to justify your responses with Redknapp's a prick or something similar....

Interesting question.

18 months ago I reckon Portsmouth fans thought he was the messiah. I wonder what they think now.

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

If i have any updates i will post on here.

Two Points.

Why would he do it now, just over a fortnight from the FA Cup semi

I would have thought that MON being the man he was would have only given notice to one man and that would be Randy and I would expect it would have been done face to face.

I think this calls for Mysteryman to comment.

Why would he do it now, just over a fortnight from the FA Cup semi

Although I agree 110% Ron Saunders did this just before the European Cup QFs so that sort of thing can happen mykeyb and that one looked slightly less likely to happen than this one.

I think if he was contemplating leaving, he'd do at the end of the season.

Really doesn't quite make sense in my mind why he'd choose to do it now.

Saying that, I think it's bollocks. I'd not be horrifically shocked to see him walk at the end of the season (don't really expect that either), but just doesn't quite seem believable.

I think if he was contemplating leaving, he'd do at the end of the season. Really doesn't quite make sense in my mind why he'd choose to do it now.

Agreed Chindie and I for one want him to be there until he retires like Fergie with the job done. They had more reason to chase him out in his early days at Old Trafford than we do Martin now.

The clubs who do well tend to give a manager time and Martin has earned our trust. How would we all feel if we got fourth and the FA Cup but he left due to the negatives he has received at times from some fans over the past 12 months?

When he moves on it'l be great for the club. Just think no more hoof. No more spending £50m on journeymen, a plan at last instead of the dark ages.

I expect him to go to protect his media created persona. Come on media give him a job where the spotlight is on him.

I think if he was contemplating leaving, he'd do at the end of the season. Really doesn't quite make sense in my mind why he'd choose to do it now.

Agreed Chindie and I for one want him to be there until he retires like Fergie with the job done. They had more reason to chase him out in his early days at Old Trafford than we do Martin now.

The clubs who do well tend to give a manager time and Martin has earned our trust. How would we all feel if we got fourth and the FA Cup but he left due to the negatives he has received at times from some fans over the past 12 months?

What stick? a couple of groans and moans.

Would a manager like Jose Mourinho be interested in this challenge after winning another title for Inter Milan.

joeslaugh.jpg

I think Villa can attract a manager in the general bracket of Mourinho.

Total control of the club, a top wage, and a squad that's not far off from CL qualification.

There aren't many clubs (including clubs in the CL) that can offer that.

See my post on MON's coaching staff vs SAF's. SAF didn't stand still with coaches that only know one style of football. He scoured the continent at times and never persisted with the same coach to the point they became stale. The results speak for themselves.

When he moves on it'l be great for the club. Just think no more hoof. No more spending £50m on journeymen, a plan at last instead of the dark ages.

I expect him to go to protect his media created persona. Come on media give him a job where the spotlight is on him.

Them journeymen are doing us fine seemingly so far. Not that I can think of us having many journeymen but I suspect I may be wasting my time.

See my post on MON's coaching staff vs SAF's. SAF didn't stand still with coaches that only know one style of football. He scoured the continent at times and never persisted with the same coach to the point they became stale. The results speak for themselves.

Could you not see an allegory between Fergie and MON though?

Fergie came under his fans wrath at his third year at the club and he was forced to up the ante and, in the end, he saw success for it.

MON meanwhile has never really had to change. His style has worked for him throughout his career and he's never been overly questioned or demanded more of. At this club, like Fergie all those years ago, you could say, he's come to the point were he might have to think about changing.

And to be honest I think he has changed a bit already. I know everyone likes to say we're just like Leicester were back in the day, but how true is that? I mean we've seen glimpses of different styles in his time already here, and it's mainly been factored on the back of signings imo. First season he shored us up, tried to make us hard to beat, second season we mastered the counter attack, I think we're now trying (and not quite achieving) a move to another different style that isn't quite there yet. A couple more players might see that come to fruition.

Most of SAF's coaches left to pursue their own careers as managers themselves, so I'm not entirely sure your point is valid at all. Can't think of a single coach change that wasn't forced on SAF by the last coach leaving