1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

There is also one name that stands out

Martin Jol

However, why he would quit the biggest club in his home country is beyond me, should have pounced last year.

Billy Davies - just to clarify here - I AM NOT SAYING I WANT HIM !!! - but he strikes me as a modern day Graham Taylor. I actually think, given backing he could do a very decent job for a top team. It wouldn't be attractive, but it would be successful.

If he has gone, which I doubt, we are a big enough club to attract a very high quality manager so personally I'm not too worried. There is a little bit of me that could see MON quitting over a matter of principle with Randy Lerner but overall I just can't see it. For the record I don't see his departure, if true, being anything to do with comments on forums like this.

If he does leave I would go for a top foreign manager - Ranieri or alike.

By the way, this still hasn't been denied or confirmed by the club, just "a source close to the club"

Sounds to me there is something going on and nothing has been decided yet, like there is a lot of discussion going on.

I can't work out why the club wouldn't put a statement out otherwise.

Because then it gives credence to a rumour that doesn't deserve it.

How can this

"Aston Villa and Martin O'Neill would like to state that any rumour of the manager quitting the club is pure nonsense. The club would like to state that this is further from the truth and has presumably been made up by someone without knowledge of the football club. Mr Lerner and Mr O'Neill are totally committed to taking this club forward and to where we believe it belongs"

Be adding credence !.

By not saying something adds credence !.

Steve McClaren? Bog off!

To be honest there is something most definitely going on behind the scenes. Lerner is bound to have a few grievances about where Villa are actually going considering it is the 4th year of a 5 year plan.

Well if he goes then we have to deal with it. This club has been here long before Martin O'Neill, and will be here a long time after. Some will be happy, some not IF, and when he goes. That's life.

We move on then.

If Martin were to leave I think Villa fans who have been giving him stick and some even calling for his head, would finally, a year or so later, realise how lucky we are to have what we have at this club at the moment.

We have the second best British manager around in my eyes (First being SAF).

We have some of the countrys best young players.

We have an owner who 'seems' willing to let the manager run the club.

And we really have something going at the moment (two trips to Wembley in on season and two shots at getting 4th in two seasons).

If he were to leave, realistically, I think we would get Mark Hughes. We aren't going to get anyone better than that, and as good as I think Hughes is, he is no Martin O'Neill.

Martin would probably move on, and if he were to go to a bigger club, would probably bring some players with him eg Milner, Young, Petrov, Gabby.

I think we would end up being left with Mark Hughes as manager, he and Richard Dunne don't get on, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him want to leave too.

We don't seem to have much money to offer a new manager to spend to rebuild a team as the argument between Lerner and O'Neill this morning was reported to have stemmed from Lerner telling O'Neill that there wouldn't be cash available in the summer.

This is obviously all just a possibility, but I think certain Villa fans need to see what really could end up happening if MON were to leave.

I'm sure there are Villa fans out there who think we would appoint Mourinho, everyone would love him, we would win the treble and drive off into the sunset . . . Really can't see it . . .

We need to look at the positives Martin has brought, and is bringing to the club, rather than just focusing on the negatives!

You can see how much he loves it and how much he gets into games by just watching him on the sideline! It's almost as though we have 12 men playing sometimes! You don't get that from many managers!

If he were to leave, it would be a disaster in my opinion, I'd have to consider renewing my season ticket because I just can't bare to start all over again with another new manager.

I spent years hoping we would get Martin in charge, we finally got him, now 4 seasons on, he has bought some great players, took us from relegation candidates to Champions League hopefuls and had a lot of great days on the way. However, for some reason, there is a lot of friction between manager and fans, manager and board and maybe even between manager and players! Why!? I just don't see what he or anyone is doing wrong other than a few bad results of late!

This bad run we are on at the moment is really not worth throwing everything we have away for.

Anyway, I'm rambling . . .

Your thoughts please