• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

This

mark Hughes is the best we can get.

and this

Please stop with this "there is only Mark Hughes available" - because there isn't !

are totally different things.

Right, I've spent 15 minutes doing this and found them names. Most I don't actually want.

So what is the point then? No one has said there are no managers avaliable, just those that would possibly come.

I think you'll find Gus Hiddink managed the aussies - bet you wouldnt mind him now !

Hiddink didn't want to manage Chelsea when (I think) he was probably offered it so why would he consider us?

I think this is the main problem. We were once a major force back in 1981/1982 and we have a great history. The fact is we have won 2 league cups since 1982/1983 (European super cup?).

You see, thats all t=you get on this board.

I said "I dont want some of these" didnt I.

But they are there, they are available - so where this "Its Mark Hughes or nobody" comes from I dont know.

As I said

My choices - all realistic if we act quickly

Van Basten

Zico

Rykyead

or

Try and nick Trapattoni from Ireland and let him guide Sid.

There are also others that are "maybes" - Ranieri comes to mind.

BUT THERE ARE LOADS AND LOADS

EDIT

I didnt say Hiddink would consider us - what you on about. I was replying to your post that basically implied that Rykyeard was "so good" he was having to go to Australia to find work

It was sod all to do with Hiddink !

It's not Mark Hughes or nobody, it's either they probably wouldn't come or they are not good enough. Hughes isn't good enough either hence why MON is the best man for the job (in my opinion) at this current time.

Doesn't strike me as the type of fella that waits to be pushed, think he will look at the state of play at the end of the season and make a measured decision.

Not top 6

No Europe.

Out v Chelsea in the Semi ( after the crushing 7-1)

Poor run in losing to Bolton, B'ham, Everton.

These circumstances probably or maybe putting us 8th maybe even 9th IMO would make him consider, also you have to remember the Celtic position is there, he's a legend up there, Champions League each season!!!!!, IMO.

I would think there is a real possibilty he would be of.

Can I ask then

If Martin O'Neill has done such a good job, and we are one of the best teams in the best league in the world.

Nobody would touch us

Bit of an oxymoron if you ask me ?

Sorry this makes no sense to me. I know it gets mentioned a lot but we were in shit when DOL took over then eventually when MON took over him. We had some poor players at the club and needed rebuilding. While I get annoyed at MON and he certainly isn't above criticism, he has done a decent job so far.

I refer you to how much we have won since 1982 and it is two league cups. Football has become more and more about money, look at Chelsea. We have spent a fair bit but look at the value of squads around us as well. We have no divine right to success.

I For 1 truley hope he stays and think he will stay but if he walk then the ones to blame will be the so called fans that find it necesary to Boo, moan and criticise every slight error made!

I think MON has done a fantastic job so far and dont have a bad word to say about what he has achived so far! Anyone who thinks a carling cup final a fa cup semi final and a top 7 finish is bad then lets be honest you need putting up a wall and a single shotgun round put rite between your eyes! Ok 4th now looks unlikley but let be honest as nice as it would be we all new it was going to be a big ask and even if we did get it i dont think we are ready for it just yet. saying that i do belive MON has put a fantastic squad together and with a couple of top quality signings and some of the younger lads comming into play next year we could be a real force next season under MON! SO all you boo boys keep the faith and get behind our club!

Van Basten

Zico

Rykyead

Really so say you were to offered a management job and you've heard that the fans boo the team when they should be supportive so you decide to do a bit more research into these "supporters" and visit a popular messageboard for this team where you see posts from vocal fans like, you. Would you take the job or wait for something better to come along?

Just a thought but maybe we didn't strengthen in January because we didn't have the funds or disagreements between MON and Randy. Now obviously it is all rumours and probably bullshit as the General could confirm but it is something worth thinking about.

i've voted probably not. However I definitely want him to go.

All these peoiple suggesting MON will go to Liverpool or Man U it's a joke, he's not good enough for us let alone them.

And the winner for most ridiculous post of the year is...you.

Absolutly ridiculous comment. We were nothing and now we are something. We've moved miles since MON came in and you want him out - pathetic and nonsensical.

MON may have made his mind up after the opening day of the season. Our fans are all too often impatient, fickle (more than most) and unrealistic.

Hang your heads in shame.

Sven? after the world cup of course

he didnt do a bad job for England... and was successful in Italy (Lazio) and Portugal with Benfica. Citeh didnt give him a chance..he has the right contacts in world football and good scouting system. something we lack!!!!

You can forget about ever finishing in the top 6 if we get Mark Hughes.

Pretty sure he finished with Blackburn in the top 6 on limited resources!

I think today's misinformation is the start of it. Why would a couple of news sources do an article like this if there wasn't some sort of hint from MON that he was considering leaving. I remember last year there was an article on Phil Brown leaving, it was balls but a couple of months later he was out of the job.

I think it's more likely MON will walk in the summer now.

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

If i have any updates i will post on here.

You naughty boy :lol:

Van Basten

Zico

Rykyead

Really so say you were to offered a management job and you've heard that the fans boo the team when they should be supportive so you decide to do a bit more research into these "supporters" and visit a popular messageboard for this team where you see posts from vocal fans like, you. Would you take the job or wait for something better to come along?

Whos Rykyead???

I can not believe this has all escalated from my post. If however it rallys the boys round the manager for the last few games of the season, I will of course take full credit ;-)

Seriously I only passed on what I know from a once reliable source. Grrr (Make this my last internet post ever)