Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

Just had a bit of a read on 606. Lots of trolling going on there and it's been said that O'Neill has left and it will be announced tomorrow, O'Neill has left and they're trying to talk him out of it or O'Neill will be leaving at the end of the season. Most, if not all of these rumours are probably a load of bullshit but they linger at the back of your mind.

Don,t Go MON :(

Just had a bit of a read on 606. Lots of trolling going on there and it's been said that O'Neill has left and it will be announced tomorrow, O'Neill has left and they're trying to talk him out of it or O'Neill will be leaving at the end of the season. Most, if not all of these rumours are probably a load of bullshit but they linger at the back of your mind.

Don,t Go MON :(

Aston Villa sources deny Martin O'Neill has quit as manager (Guardian.co.uk)

Maybe he will go. Benitez will leave Liverpool will O'neill go to Anfield? Lerner is doing big mistake if he change manager. O'neill is doing good job, we have too small squad and we need a new player. One or two good.. We need also some backup. That's it.

We have good defence, great goalkeepers (two) and pretty good midfield. We should strength our attack and maybe midfield too. O'neill is the right man to find the players we need.

I wonder what odds you'd get on O'Neill not being Villa manager before the start of next season?

And what you'd get for Hughes being our next manager?

Its not impossible tho is it?

Hughes would be the best we could hope for and a complete downward step.

The best we could hope for? Who do you think we are, Blackburn?

Thats funny; I heard Tony Montana's voice when reading that! :)

Oh right so they work for free then, Look however way you wanna dress it up pal, £50million has been spunked!..
You can only describe this amount of money as "spunked" (not the most precise of accounting terms, BTW) if you think the money spent on Heskey, Sidwell , Beye, Harewood, Knight and Maloney was wasted.

That is just rubbish. All these players did a job or are still doing it. And for those sold on, we got money back, decent sums. You haven't discounted the sales prices, I think, and you are just wrong to describe the money spent on these players as "spunked".

Somebody else who doesn't understand the meaning of the word then. Anybody else want to join the club?

Fickle is exactly the right word for somebody who calls for MON to leave and be replaced by flavour of the month Hodgson.

Fickle is only the right word if Risso went from saying he liked MON to wanting Hodgson.

Not sure if he did :?

No, Risso has been steadfast in his opposition to MON from the day he arrived. He hasn't given him any credit whatsoever for any of our achievements over the past 4 years.

There is a word for that sort of attitude but it's not "fickle".

Somebody else who doesn't understand the meaning of the word then. Anybody else want to join the club?

Fickle is exactly the right word for somebody who calls for MON to leave and be replaced by flavour of the month Hodgson.

Fickle is only the right word if Risso went from saying he liked MON to wanting Hodgson.

Not sure if he did :?

No, Risso has been steadfast in his opposition to MON from the day he arrived. He hasn't given him any credit whatsoever for any of our achievements over the past 4 years.

There is a word for that sort of attitude but it's not "fickle".

Actually that's bollocks and I demand an apology. I was delighted when O'Neill was appointed, and thought that for the first two years at least, he did a very good job.

Having just read the Generals post in his thread about MON makes me think there is something definitely up. He could have said there is no truth in the rumours..................but chose not to.