Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

Latest update I have is that his notice has still been handed in, Mark Hughes is the likely successor due to Villa paying for his flight to the States.

Personally this would annoy the F out of me, as I can not stand him

When he moves on it'l be great for the club. Just think no more hoof. No more spending £50m on journeymen, a plan at last instead of the dark ages.

I expect him to go to protect his media created persona. Come on media give him a job where the spotlight is on him.

I think your name should be jogalong. You're a quite obviously just a rival fan on the wind-up.

.....Thats interesting,

I'm not sure what will happen, but I would suspect that, if he goes it will be of his own volition.

I suspect some folk will look at the departures

Arron Hughes

Craig Gardner

Kevin Phillips

Gary Cahill

Steven Davis

JLloyd Samuel

Gavin McCann

Thomas Sorensen

Zat Knight

Liam Ridgewell

and say we have spent c £100 million to improve our squad and yet these boys above are still performing in the prem and are not involved in any relegation teams.....??????? just being devils advocate.

ps ....yes davis is in the SPL, but still a decent standard of team.

We've replaced all of them with better players. we shouldnt of got rid of Cahill. Maloney is another one who should of stayed however, he was home sick

I think its 50/50 that he'll still be with us next season, which will annoy the hell out of me (in much the same way having him does). I love the guy, he's the best we can attract. Mark Hughes is a right sack of shite. How many billions of pounds did he have to spend at Citeh, and how far behind us were they? He's appauling. Might aswell get Steve McLaren!

In all seriousness, its been mentioned already, but many fans won't forget the Heskey deal. It irked so many of us at the time as we all knew we needed something special to take us to the next level when we were looking good for 4th. Ultimately, we all knew what we were getting when the story broke. It deflated us. No excitement, just a general feeling of lathergy.

Fast forward to the summer. Plan A was talk of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Bent, etc, but the reality was that those were pipe dreams. Once again, the excitement took a hit. Did we have genuine quality? A great start to the season and then the winter transfer window pops up. Great times, lets get a goalscorer. Or, lets sell off some more squad players and try to go a whole season using only 12 players. The March capitulation every season is embarrassing, as everyone in the football world sees it except MON. Learn from your mistakes.

This has been the ultimate problem the fans have had with MON. His refusal to rotate his squad (which he built), constantly playing players out of positions (over a year without a recognised right back, then playing a centre back there all season with 2 sat on the bench), no Plan B, and a couple of snipes at the fans who, to their credit, do deserve a better result than 2-2 at home to Wolves - regardless of the fact they're fighting for their lives, we din't look at the races.

Cup final / cup semi-final, great. But ultimately, new players in the summer want to know where you finished in the league. Portsmouth could still reach the FA Cup final, it means shit. If we finish 7th I'll be annoyed, if we finish 8th, I'll be disgusted due to how far ahead we actually were. We're no longer looking at Spuds and Redscouse, but looking over our shoulders to see if Everton are gonna overtake us.

As I said, I truely hope he stays, but next season (and this summer transfer window) has got to be the biggest in MONs tenure. He knows if he messes up, he might be hounded out by certain sections of the fans. Add to the fact we know he doesn't sign players from big tournaments, so lets hope he has bigger targets than players who play in teams recently relegated from the Premiership.

Steve McClaren who i might add is on the brink of winning the Dutch League ahead of a certain Martin Jol.

Is that the same Martin Jol who was also not very good when he managed in England?

Also, Dutch league :lol: By that rationale, lets get Chris Hughton from the Barcodes! Seriously man.

I wonder what odds you'd get on O'Neill not being Villa manager before the start of next season?

And what you'd get for Hughes being our next manager?

Pretty good I'd say. And there's a good reason for that.

I wonder what odds you'd get on O'Neill not being Villa manager before the start of next season?

Its not impossible tho is it?

Hughes would be the best we could hope for and a complete downward step.

No of course, I just wondered.

Like I said I don't think he'll walk but there's a small part of me that wouldn't be shocked if he did. I'm say, 95% sure he'd be here next season barring a disaster with the fans between now and the end of the season.

But that 5% of me wonders if it'd be worth a look at the odds.

Hughes would be the best we could hope for and a complete downward step.

The best we could hope for? Who do you think we are, Blackburn?

I think Villa can attract a manager in the general bracket of Mourinho.

Total control of the club, a top wage, and a squad that's not far off from CL qualification.

There aren't many clubs (including clubs in the CL) that can offer that.

Why would Mourinho need to come to a club that's "not far from" CL qualification (even though I think this is an excessively optimistic evaluation of Villa at present) when he could walk into any number of jobs actually offering CL football?

.Jesus

People on here just totally mirror Martin O'Neill. mark Hughes is the best we can get.

I have just wikkied two clubs (that is ONLY TWO CLUBS IN THE TOTAL OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL)

I found out of them two clubs - Juventus and Inter Milan and then from that clicked on a few links. I got

Cica Ferrera

Donadoni

Frank Rykyeard (may be available in summer)

And that took me two minutes looking at two clubs. Not saying I want these (well Rykyeard I would) - but it shows there are loads available.

There are 100's of managers out there that would be interested.

EDIT

Sacchi - unattached - 63 yrs old - perfect ! (I'll keep adding when I see them)

Schuster - unattached 50yrs old !

Is Zico available ? - looks like he was sacked by Olympiacos

MARCO VAN BASTEN ! - always been my choice- unattached !

Ronald Koeman - unattached

Right, I've spent 15 minutes doing this and found them names. Most I don't actually want.

Van Basten, Zico, Sacchi or rykyeard I would

But if I can find this list in 15 minutes of googling.

Please stop with this "there is only Mark Hughes available" - because there isn't !

Oh - by the way, I wish we had took the plunge with Jol 4 yrs ago, but alas he has the job of his dreams now.

However, if a manager like that isn't acheivable, then show vision. Get in a top quality experienced coach - a Trapattoni type figure, and give Sid the chance. Trapatonni and Sid - now that WOULD be football !

EDIT AGAIN

Below - I think you'll find Gus Hiddink managed the aussies - bet you wouldnt mind him now !

Rijkaard inherited a good side at Barca..prior to that he managed Sparta Rotterdam and under his leadership they were relegated to the first division.

he's now been linked to the Australian job.. i think this would not be a wise move