Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

My Heart says he's a good manager - and we should stick with him.

What I can't get out of my head - is that I don't see him doing what IMO needs to be done. Buy better players than Heskey and Petrov. I still think he will persist with the Beye, Zat Knight type signings - its just not going to work.

He also recently lashed against the fans - without any real provacation - the booing at wolves was nominal - and his 'i don't know what the fans want' seemed out of fustration. I also heard whispers in the summer that he was very unhappy with the flak he got about the lack of transfers.

completely agree

i think we are all paying the price for the lack of transfer activity up front and that's down to the manager.

No Chance he'll leave IMO. He can do as he pleases at villa as he decides who comes and goes and bhas the full backing of the Chairman. Overall he's done a good job and we are making progress. If he has the funds available getting a top class striker in the summer would make a massive difference to us. If he wins the FA Cup this season he'll be godlike in his status.

I am sure that O'Neill and Lerner will make an evaluation after next season.

5 years is probably the right time to give a manager.

There should be an evaluation of where we are going during as well as after EVERY season. Forward planning. You know, a Plan B if Plan A isn't viable.

I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, however, I don't want us chopping and changing managers. I just want a manager who can see where things are going wrong and make adequate PRO-active not RE-active moves to correct things.

He has to stay! He has built his own team now, I think every player that plays was either his signing or has came through the ranks since he joined. Think the only regular player to have played under O'Leary was Gabby, who only played a couple of games under O'Leary.

I think Villa fans need to be a lot more patient. Talk of wanting O'Neill out just because we haven't managed to get 4th (which still isn't impossible) is ridiculous! Yes he has his flaws, but who doesn't ?

If he were to leave, then who would we get in ? The only person I would want is Mourinho. But if I was offered Moruinho now, I'd say no! Because O'Neill has built his team and he deserves a good shot at it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again! We are fighting for 4th spot and we are against 4 very good teams for that 4th spot. Only one team can get it, would be massive if we did but we probably won't.

It's not an under achievement finishing 6th or 7th. It's just that it would be a massive achievement to get it.

Expecations are far too high. Fed up of repeating myself.

For anyone reading this who wants O'Neill out, then who (realistically) do you want in who you think will do a better job ?

I am intrigued to know.

.....Thats interesting,

I'm not sure what will happen, but I would suspect that, if he goes it will be of his own volition.

I suspect some folk will look at the departures

Arron Hughes

Craig Gardner

Kevin Phillips

Gary Cahill

Steven Davis

JLloyd Samuel

Gavin McCann

Thomas Sorensen

Zat Knight

Liam Ridgewell

and say we have spent c £100 million to improve our squad and yet these boys above are still performing in the prem and are not involved in any relegation teams.....??????? just being devils advocate.

ps ....yes davis is in the SPL, but still a decent standard of team.

Right then....

Arron Hughes-At Fulham not better than Luke Young or Cuellar at RB

Craig Gardner-shame he didn't get more of a chance really

Kevin Phillips-aged 138..good goalscorer but way past his best

Gary Cahill-IMO should never have gone..especially after his goal against the scum :winkold:

Steven Davis-playing SCOTTISH football

JLloyd Samuel-at Bolton..not better than Shorey/Bouma or Warnock

Gavin McCann-Bolton and struggles to play

Thomas Sorensen-We have Friedel and Guzan..maybe could have stayed but fell out with MON

Zat Knight-We have Davies/Cuellar/Dunne/Clark/Collins Villa fan but too prone to a mistake

Liam Ridgewell-seems to be doin quite well at LB for the scum

Shaun Maloney-Again, shame he didn't get more of a chance

The point is not should they have gone but their improvements have cost c £100 mill ..... just saying do you think we got value for money on the improvements.... the answer maybe yes... just asking.

Hughes is playing CB for Fulham and doing a very good job. Not that we need another CB as we are well blessed in this department. Ditto Cahill.

I always liked Steve Davis and would, personally, rather see him in our side than Sidwell. I do think though that you would have to play 4-5-1 with Davis in the side due to his lack of physicallity. He could certainly be a good squad player in our current set up.

I think you have to question the sale of Gardner in January without a replacement. Whilst I think he had not progressed as we would have all wanted I also think this was potentially down to the way that MON used him and never gave him a chance. An injury to NRC has left us very exposed IMO with no real back up/cover for Stan, a player who struggles (in matches against top sides when we are 4-4-2) to play past 60 minutes.

I also think Maloney should have been utilised more as an impact sub and could still be doing a good job in this role? I would rather see him on the payroll than Salifou??

Possibly we need a "I hope not" option? In the absence of that I have gone "probably not". But, I do have concerns that he might not want to hang around if he has lost the support of a fair number of our supporters.

No chance he will go at all IMO. He is stubborn and not a quitter and he has Randy Lerners support so being sacked in unlikely. Despite all the previous roles and the hype around them this is his first big and challenging job. He has to prove himself here before moving on should be want to.

Whether the fans want him to stay or whether its right for the club is a different question.

As for me I voted that he will definitely stay because I think that's the most likely scenario. I'm a supporter of MON but I have to say I'm starting to wonder. My concerns really lie around tactics and selection policy. If we can pull the league form round and end up in say 6th with a cup final and semi final I think that counts as a successful season.

What we do over the summer and next season counts for much more and after five years in charge I think its right and proper to review whether MON is still the right man to take us forward.

I think a lot depends on how the tail end of this season goes. If things fizzle out and he feels a lot of flak from us fickle lot, he may just walk away.

I think it woud be a bit of a pity if he does, because he's obviously one of the great motivators. However, I would prefer to see us play better football, and I can't see him improving in that department very much.

I think Randy Lerner should have a good serious chat with the manager and tell him his concerns. If I were Randy Lerner I would seriously think about replacing him in the summer. But he have to get a quality manager in to carry on the good work and improve the team and address our flaws. Just like a Arsene Wenger type appointment. But who is suitable for the role. Would a manager like Jose Mourinho be interested in this challenge after winning another title for Inter Milan. We are not too far off from a great side.

I think Randy Lerner should have a good serious chat with the manager and tell him his concerns. If I were Randy Lerner I would seriously think about replacing him in the summer. But he have to get a quality manager in to carry on the good work and improve the team and address our flaws. Just like a Arsene Wenger type appointment. But who is suitable for the role. Would a manager like Jose Mourinho be interested in this challenge after winning another title for Inter Milan. We are not too far off from a great side.

:crylaugh:

And people tell me that villa fans dont expect too much/arent over-ambitous!! If were not too far off a great team then surely MON is responsible for that - hence why we should keep hold of him

Jose Mourinho - :crylaugh:

MON will not walk away at the end of the season, nor will Randy Lerner give him the boot.

He will see out next season (the 5 year plan), and if we are not in the top 4 by the end of the 2010/11 season, then he will resign.

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

If i have any updates i will post on here.

I don't know how true this is, but has come from a source inside the Villa who gave me details about the Emile Heskey Details. Check my message history.

Apparently MO'N handed his notice in on friday, a friend of mine was told this before the Chelsea game so not some reactionary BS that they have come up with. He will be seeing out the season and then on his way. (My guess to Liverpool or back to celtic)

Unsure whether this was accepted or not from the board or what will happen, suprised that no Hack has got hold of it if true, but i thought i would share what little knowledge i have been told.

Im not calling you a liar, but i dont believe that for a second.

I dont believe it either as i stated, just passing on what I was told.. no more than that

Thanks for the information. In return for your kindness, I will give you some information in return- don't go into the city centre on Friday there will be a terrorist attack on a major public landmark.

Well I did hear back in September - that MON was annoyed with the flak he got in the transfer window. I heard that he just can't get the players he wants to come to villa - they just don't want to come. He has no problems with Randy or the players - he just doesn't see it going any further.

The story followed that he would announce his intention to quit early in 2010 - thats passed in my book.

For all his flaws I hope he doesn't. A new manager would just bring a different set of shortcomings.