PL: Sunderland h Match Thread 2010/03/24 19:45

limpid

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Delfouneso starts he will score and if he gets more than twenty minutes as a sub he will score. Over to you Martin

Why do people keep saying that? When did he turn into Wayne Rooney?

If Delfouneso starts he will score and if he gets more than twenty minutes as a sub he will score. Over to you Martin

God knows mate it is becoming a joke now.

He doesn't need to turn into Wayne Rooney, he just needs to be better than Emile!!

I think Fonz needs some more game time (he's certainly better than Heskey) but I don't think Albrighton is as good as people make him out to be on here.
Maybe a naive view here but I've never seen anything from him to make me go 'wow'. His crossing is supposed to make up for his lack of pace, but I haven't seen him put a good one in.

Either:

----------------Friedel-----------------

Young--Cuellar----Collins---Warnock

Young---Petrov----Milner---Downing

---------Carew----Delfouneso--------

Or:

--------------------Friedel---------------------

Young------Cuellar------Collins-----Warnock

Young---Petrov- Delph---Milner---Downing

--------------------Carew---------------------

For me.

We need to either get someone upfront who offers some penetration and can run on to things or we need to put an extra player in midfield and ask Young, Milner and Downing to get forward all the time.

"This"

I think Fonz needs some more game time (he's certainly better than Heskey) but I don't think Albrighton is as good as people make him out to be on here.
Maybe a naive view here but I've never seen anything from him to make me go 'wow'. His crossing is supposed to make up for his lack of pace, but I haven't seen him put a good one in.

Should give him a chance from the start, wider areas, it's alot harder to get into a game. Especially as a right winger filling in as a right back!!

He's also quite quick and does cross a really lovely ball. Possibly a little nervous I don't know but I've seen enough in the whole of the Peace Cup and also in the short spell against Brighton to see he's an excellent deliverer of the ball.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Fonz and think he's a great prospect. But there is so much expectation on himI can't see him being anything more than a disappointment when he finally gets a good run in a league game.

Salifou syndrome strikes again I'm afraid.

if gabby is out i would start carew and heskey, but DEFINITELY bring the fonz on at h/t if we are anything less than two goals in front. he needs at least 45 minutes to have a proper go. heskey did score against sunderland in december though and seeing as his goals are such a rare occurence i think he should be given a go against this defence again.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Fonz and think he's a great prospect. But there is so much expectation on himI can't see him being anything more than a disappointment when he finally gets a good run in a league game.

I think, even if he were poor, he would do more than Heskey would up there. He is more mobile and might give us something in behind, failing that he would run around all game at least.

I think now would be a good time to throw him in. We have had a few draws lately and I think if God forbid there was more booing it would seem it was at the manager and team as a whole again and I think there would be more pressure on Delf if he was to get thrown into the team when we were in good form and then to lose.

If that makes sense.

I think, even if he were poor, he would do more than Heskey would up there. He is more mobile and might give us something in behind, failing that he would run around all game at least.

Oh I absolutely agree. I think I could don the claret and Blue and be better than Heskey.

I'm not saying I don't want the Fonz to play. I really do.

but at the same time I'm not expecting him to score 20 goals in our last 9 games.

When people are saying "Play him for 20 minutes and he WILL score" it just seems like people are expecting miracles from the guy when in reality, it probably won't pan out like that.

Then again he might start tonight and score 8 goals, in which case I'll shut up ;)