PL: Sunderland h Match Thread 2010/03/24 19:45

limpid

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea Rob, although I'd be more inclined to play Delph off the striker and Young on the left.

Not sure why it's really a risk playing Delph, ok he's young, but I haven't held him responsible for anything when he's played, and usually he adds something to our game which is often missing.

I think MON is now so reluctant to play fringe players because of the fans reaction to him changing virtually the entire 11 v Moscow. That was a completely different situation.

Bringing in the odd player with a view to him potentially making a difference to a tiring side, ie. Delph, L.Young, Fonz and NRC is no problem imo. It's a far cry from bringing in the likes of Knight, Harewood and Gardner for a league cup game to give them a chance.

Delph has the quality, I'm convinced of that, but I'd prefer tyo see him in a central 3 for the time being.

if james needs a rest i think tonight would be one of the best games to do so in to be honest, we need him on saturday if we are to get anything at the bridge.

Surely it should be the reverse of that?

in my opinion we have enough other quality players to be able to beat sunderland, but we need arguably our best player in order to get anything against chelsea.

I know we like to speculate every week about what the starting 11 will be, but does anyone truly believe it will be any different to:

Friedel,

Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock

Downing, Milner, Petrov, Young

Heskey, Carew

The only chance of me being wrong is if Dunne is injured / Gabby is not injured, in which case the changes will be equally as predictable. The notion of Delph, Delfouneso, Albrighton, Sidwell starting is, im afraid, wide of the mark.

Im not condemming Oneill for his lack of changes, i think stability gives players confidence, nor am i saying its a good thing. But the fact is, the team wont be changed to the extent that people speculate to each week.

but does anyone truly believe it will be any different to:

Friedel,

Heskey, Carew

I would hazard a guess that when people post a team they are posting the one they would pick. You don't need to be nostradamous to pick MON's team.

but does anyone truly believe it will be any different to:

Friedel,

Heskey, Carew

I would hazard a guess that when people post a team they are posting the one they would pick. You don't need to be nostradamous to pick MON's team.

Haha, nicely put. But is there much point in posting desired team selections when we all know how the selection process works. Perhaps I'm being too cynical, this is a DISCUSSION board after all.

I have a feeling MON's gonna make some big changes tonight. You heard it here first.

And if we drop points with anything but the regular side some will be calling MON an idiot for messing with a team who are unbeaten in 2010. He cant win.

We have got to play our strongest available team tonight- Chelsea is a big game too but Sunderland are on a good run and we will need to be at best to turn them over.

Absolutely!!!

I think we can lose at Chelsea and still get 4th.

If we lose tonight, we will be struggling.

Correct, we have to win tonight really so Milner has to be risked.

I have a feeling MON's gonna make some big changes tonight. You heard it here first.

And if we drop points with anything but the regular side some will be calling MON an idiot for messing with a team who are unbeaten in 2010. He cant win.

Don't think anyone unless I've missed it has stated they want big changes!

Downing, Collins/Dunne(if inj), Heskey on the bench for Young, Albrighton, Delfouneso for me.

If he gets a chance (and if the news about him being dropped recently for being late is correct then that's a big if) I think this could be Delphs shining moment.

Don't ask me why but i can just see it being a game like this... Bent will probably put them 1 up and it'll begin to look like the same old story, then the young lad will probably pop up with 2 or 3 goals in a couple of minutes out of nowhere and we'll all go mental about it for weeks.

Don't ask me why i think this but i do.

Edit: On second thoughts I have had 4 pints of guiness at lunch so stick me down for a 0-0 draw