PL: Sunderland h Match Thread 2010/03/24 19:45

limpid

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent will play.

Ken Jones probably won't.

So I assume from that Sunderland will play 4-5-1 and outnumber us in the middle just like Wolves did. Great.

If we cant out think teams who do this, break them down and over come this - then we dont deserve 4th. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool would all be able to break teams down and carve open chances and stick them away. We must not be fearful of teams tactics at Villa park - we have quality - but we're bets when we're keeping the ball and not playing it long. We must apply some quality tomorrow night. Aside from Bent they havent got much we should be scared of - and they're somewhat vulnerable at the back.

This is a must win game, so as ever we will all get behind the team, good luck to the lad's and lets hope we have a decent game.

Apart from those handful of misanthropic pessimists who take it upon themselves to hurl abuse at Martin and the team with every breath they take!

If Dunne is fit I'd go

---------------------Big Bad Brad

Luke Young----Cuellar------Dunne---------Warnock

Ashley Young----Petrov-----Milner----------Downing

-----------------Carew----------Delfouneso

That is mine. Failing that Sidwell or Delph for Delfouneso and play Milner/Young further forward. I fully expect to see Heskey and Carew though.

Well now we all know either Carew is upfront on his own or its another fantastically exciting partnership of Heskey and Carew. Loss is all i can see, unless MON rotates the squad.
I'm sorry but I think negativity is clouding your logic. I seriously doubt we'll lose this, we rarely ever lose games. We do however draw too often, but I still think we can win this despite what the majority of people are saying.

If Dunne is fit I'd go

This although I'd play A Young and Downing on the opposite sides.

Great, another 90 minutes of dross from Heskey. It goes without saying that we need Gabby back ASAP, also, Dunne may not be fit after limping off on Saturday so hopefully Luke Young will come in and Cuellar returned to his rightful home of centre-half.

Unless Heskey and Carew is working brilliantly, Defouneso (and, to a lesser extent, Albrighton) MUST be given a go, the kids must be like dogs waiting to be let of the leash, they would scare the shit out of the Sunderland defence...

Either:

----------------Friedel-----------------

Young--Cuellar----Collins---Warnock

Young---Petrov----Milner---Downing

---------Carew----Delfouneso--------

Or:

--------------------Friedel---------------------

Young------Cuellar------Collins-----Warnock

Young---Petrov- Delph---Milner---Downing

--------------------Carew---------------------

For me.

We need to either get someone upfront who offers some penetration and can run on to things or we need to put an extra player in midfield and ask Young, Milner and Downing to get forward all the time.