PL: Sunderland h Match Thread 2010/03/24 19:45

limpid

Ya if dunne is out then can see carlos goin to centre back and young right back. Read on football 365 that gabby is a major doubt while sunderland website says bent injury is been assessed and rules Jones definitely out.

Any here any injury news keep us updated

Didn't Gabby just stub his toe or something? I'm taking anything I hear regarding his injury with a pinch of salt unless it comes from an official source.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland haven't won away since the opening day, we haven't lost in the league this year. Yet I still can't shake this horrible feeling.

I dont think Ive ever gone into a Villa game without a horrible feeling. Its Villa, and that is why we love them (I think).

This is a MUST win.

I actually dont think all our games are must wins. I think 6 wins might do it 6 wins and a draw!!

downing is due a good game, and he might be more fired up against NE opponents.

carew and dunne to score in a two one win.

Like Burnley?

I actually didn't think Downing was too bad last game. Cuellar was absolutely terrible though.

didn't see the wolves game as i was travelling at the time, but from what i've read on here he wasn't great. and in all the games since burnley he hasn't looked very confident at all. he played well against burnley, but we can't have one good performance per month.

NB. i like downing, and expect him to improve a lot next season, i was just saying in relation to this match.

Why? Our form was much improved when he started playing upfront. Over the last month his form has been poor though and therefore should be dropped which he was for Wigan and will be vs Sunderland if Gabby's fit.

However, what your saying is stupid because we picked up more points with him in the team than we did when Carew was upfront earlier in the season!

I'm amazed people want Albrighton in the starting line up. As hard as it was for the kid to come on against Wolves he looked out of his depth and had very little influence, I can accept that it was tough to get into the game but the times he had the ball he really struggled.

I'm amazed people want Albrighton in the starting line up. As hard as it was for the kid to come on against Wolves he looked out of his depth and had very little influence, I can accept that it was tough to get into the game but the times he had the ball he really struggled.

Yep. He needs games to improve, but not games of this magnitude. If he was to play it should have been earlier in the season, and then we'd know if he was ready now. Since we don't know (and he didn't look it on Sat), we can't play him. Downing's nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

I still think we played well enough against Wolves. Wouldn't mind seeing the same team but Gabby for Heskey, but with the defence told to cop the bloody hell on.

The thing is, we all know our problem is not scoring enough goals. So I reckon MON sent them out against Wolves to pure attack, which they did, and did well. We didn't take our chances and were left exposed at the back. We also couldn't rely on the long ball / through ball game as that's Gabby's trick, and we missed him.

Despite all that, I'd like MON to do the same again. Go for it, constant attack, everyone getting forward. With Gabby in the side they'll be pulled apart at the back, and we'll get chances.

The one thing I'd say is, and I want to say this BEFORE the match - A draw = a loss here. We must win. There's no 'in a week this might seem a good result' if we draw. We have to win, and if we don't it doesn't matter whether it's a loss or draw, as we'll have to beat Chelsea and Man City anyway.

Sounds like Dunne is doubtful for us - which will hopefully mean Cuellar will move back infield to CB!!!

I hope Gabby is fit and if not, I'd go 4-5-1 instead of repeating Heskey and Carew upfront together - it just doesn't work....

I'd go for (if current injury doubts remain until tomorrow)

..................Friedel

Young.Cuellar.Collins.Warnock

............Petrov.Delph

Young........Milner..........Downing

..................Carew

Subs: Guzan, Davies, Beye, Sidwell, Albrighton, Heskey, Delfouneso

We all know the formation...we all know who will play where...we will all moan about out of form players continually being picked and players being played out of position.

agree with you wiggy, i think mon will play dunne despite the injury and continue plkaying cuellar at rb! instead of bringing in l young

i think it will be another draw

Indeed, anyhing but a win and we can pretty much kiss fourth goodbye (if we haven't already that is). Must win game and there can be no excuses. 1-0 to is is my prediction with us clinging on at the end.