FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

I'm happy with the draw. Getting them in the Final would of been shit.

Normally I'd I've just wanted to get to the final, but we've just played. in one

So if they are going to beat us let it be now rather than in the final, and if we beat them for the 2nd time this season then I will be well up for the cup.

Normally I'd I've just wanted to get to the final, but we've just played. in one

So if they are going to beat us let it be now rather than in the final, and if we beat them for the 2nd time this season then I will be well up for the cup.

Agree with this 100%

Well pleased with this. We will be underdogs and have got absolutley nothing to lose, all the pressure will be on Chelsea as they are expected to win just as they have been the times we have beaten them in the last few years.

I'm confident we'll win and am looking forward to going to the new Wembley and following up last weeks defeat with a couple of wins.

Agree with this 100%

yeh i third this big time. plus, if we are gunna win it would more than likely of had to beat them anyway

plus with chelsea out the way the final will be a proper occasion for both sets of fans.

Hope that smug word removed Candle face doesnt get there, whether we do or not :evil:

What would happen if... we got to the final against Pompey, but they then went out of business?

Would we get Spurs/Fulham?

Could become a farce, but i suppose it's unlikely to happen on 2 accounts.

Edit: counts*

Sooo Chelsea will be playing Champs League right before this Semi Final.....

According to Wiki

The first legs will be played on 30 and 31 March, while the second legs will be played on 6 and 7 April 2010.

That is great news if you ask me. Assuming they get passed Inter, of course.

Sooo Chelsea will be playing Champs League right before this Semi Final.....

According to Wiki

The first legs will be played on 30 and 31 March, while the second legs will be played on 6 and 7 April 2010.

That is great news if you ask me. Assuming they get passed Inter, of course.

Good stuff, I'll be cheering on Chelsea against Inter then. I don't think it was coincidence that they were turned over at the Bridge by Man City only a few days after the CL. That and Hilario.

On that note, when is Cech due back?

We'll be on top for the first 20 mins and from then onwards whatever we have whether it 0-0 or 1-0 up we will defend.

This seems to be the gameplan we have against most half decent teams we come up against

middle class mutes.
Wha? I'd consider myself middle class but I sing a lot. My throat is still sore from today.

Don't like Chelsea though. Probably my least favorite of the "big 4" but they're still plastic and as you rightly said, mutes.

UTV!

You're not a "middle class mute" then Mantis. :winkold:

I remember overhearing a conversation between 2 Chelsea fans decked out in blue and white striped scarfs on the tube a few years back. They were discussing the away trip to Seville and saying how excited they were about the trip because they'd heard that the clothes shopping in Seville was "delightful".

There are of course other stereotypes of Chelsea fans and i'm sure we'll see them crawl out from under their stones at Wembley, however this is the image i get of the modern Chelsea fan.

Revenge for 2000 in the semi-final followed by revenge for 1971 in the final.

:winkold:

As for what kit we play in is concerned I suspect it will be much the same as it was for the LCF, whichever kit our opponents prefer they will get! I also can't see why we have to wait until Thursday to decide it used to all be done and dusted by the following day even when the neutral grounds had to be decided upon. Why does it take so long now? Is it TV or just another excuse for the FA to have another jolly boys afternoon get together?

We were destined to meet them at some point surely! I would rather play them in the semi than the final TBH. If we lose this then it's only one day of expense and not as disappointing as losing in the final itself. if we win then we have nobody at all left to fear and we can all look forward to a final in which we have a much better chance of winning.

As for the game against Chelsea, I think we will win. They have to go away to United the week before and they have Spurs away the week after. Also, midweek between the Utd game and playing us, they could possibly have the 2nd leg of the Chapions league quarter final to play, should they get past Inter!

All in all, they will have a much tougher schedule around the time of the semi and hopefully it will have taken it's toll on them by the time they play us.