FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

I really want the lads to give Chelsea a run for their money, 1-0 2-0 8-0 doesnt matter a win is a win, I really think we can do it, John Terry's comments will have angered them and I can't imagine how much the lads really want to stuff Chelsea, will be a great game either way.

And back to the real world :winkold: I know it is 11 v 11 but I cannot see anything other than another comfortable Chelsea win, as I predicted last time. We played ok against a woeful Bolton but we were hardly outstanding. For me Chelski are better in every department and unless Howard Webb does a few of his usual cock ups in our favour or we get a whole heap of luck then I think it will be 3-0 Chelsea.

Ricardomeister: Don't know about your world but the world i'm living in seems to be throwing up surprises pretty much everyday at the moment, i remember a time when you heard about a devastating Earthquake about once every few years, Tsunami, 20 years ago most people hadn't a clue what that was other than perhaps being a new type of curry, these days its " Oh right another Earthquake...another Tsunami, never mind they're a bit like dog poo, just about everywhere :D I digress.

Know what your saying, common sense says Chelsea, i just have a hunch we can do this, a bit like you get a hunch on a horse for the National, you look at it and something screams, that's the one, just a point on that, I've won 10 from 14 of the last successive Grand Nationals :D so I'm up fir the hunch thing at the moment.

Villa can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

going to tenerife on friday so will be watching this in some seedy bar in the sun........

il be on a major high for the week if we manage to win!

im goin for a cheeky 1-0 victory....Terry own goal

you heard it here first

going to tenerife on friday so will be watching this in some seedy bar in the sun........

il be on a major high for the week if we manage to win!

im goin for a cheeky 1-0 victory....Terry own goal

you heard it here first

Noted....................Nice one.......enjoy.

I'd be on a major high just being somehwere in the sun :lol:

But thst me :winkold:

I'd love us to play this team line-up, 4-5-1

Friedel

Warnock

Dunne

Collins

L.Young

Downing

Delph

Petrov

Milner

A.Young

Agbonlahor

I would second the 4-5-1 to start the game with, i think its important we take the sting out of the Chelsea midfield, for me thats where they can be strongest, if Lampards a mind to he can push the rest of the side forward, we need to stop that in its tracks.

Not sure about Delph, but without him we would probably start with Downing and i'm not sure thats the best way, so Delph could be a good call for the team and the player, if he can't make the best of a start in a Semi Final at Wembley against Chelsea, then he's not worth it.

You go with Young instead of Cuellor? I like Young i think he's a much understated defender and he's got a hell of a shot on him, so again could be just the right call for the job, as for the rest.....agree.

Key players for us i reckon will be Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor, i think if they can link up and go at Chelsea full of it, we really have a chance.

they ahve a lot of old legs most of their squad is 30+ if we take the game to them we can turn the tables and tire THEM out

anyone have any news on chelsea? injuries?

i think drogba will be on the bench

4-5-1 please. But cant see MON changing from 2 up fornt - so Id ask Carew to politley kick the **** out of that prick Terry.

Best song I heard form Chelsea game at home:

"He cuts his own hair,

he cuts his own,

that word removed Terry,

he cuts his own hair"

Are we all up for booing Terry when he gets the ball again?

Can someone bring me up to speed on John Terry, i must have missed something, don't get me wrong, he's Chelsea so therefore the enemy, but i detect a bit more animosity than that, and anyway i think Gabby can give him enough problems.............hopefully.

cheers.

If Dunne is out of the game, it will be a lot harder to win this tie. Collins and Cuellar are a bit indecisive with their judgement, Dunne wins battles by winning the first challenge, the other two seem to back off too much.

I'm usually all for 4-5-1 but we need to start our most in form striker Carew and we also need to start Gabby who's given Chelsea hell in past fixtures.

Carew is a flat track bully IMO and its not worth giving Fat Frank all the room in the world so he can score 4 goals just to see JC score 1? Bring him on for the last 20-30 if we need to chase/score but I think we have to start with the 4-5-1 side that most have highlighted.

If Dunney is injured at least we will, hopefully, see a RB play, although knowing MON he will probably squeeze Curtis in instead! I think a proper right side - winger + RB - could get at Zhirkov.

He started 4-5-1 against Chelski last time - even though Carew on his own ip front doesn't work IMO - and we matched them. It really went to pot when we switched to 4-4-2?

Guest Ricardomeister
From the Villa site, MON expects Dunne to declare himself fit and work through it.

Not a good sign as Dunne was carrying the same injury at Stamford Bridge library, shouldn't have played, and had a nightmare.

If he is 100% fit then he should play. If he is carrying any sort of injury then he should not play as we need 11 fit players to stand even the slimmest chances of winning on Saturday imo.