FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

Jesus , this ones started early.

Well

I have two takes on it.

The negatives

Remember Boro losing twice at Wembley in the same season. Just hope it don't happen to us.

It's Chelsea - lets face it , we all wanted Pompey !

The positives.

I think last Sunday will help us

I think Chelsea will have League and Champs League on their minds come April

but mianly

I think we have the measure on Chelsea. Man U have the pace at the back to hold Gabby. They also have pace at the front which kills Dunne and \collins

Chelsea's strenghths match ours , we have the pace to worry Terry and co, we have the brawn to match \Drogba. We have the energy in Milner to match Lampard and we have a better goalie.

I have always said - Man U and Arsenal I am pessimistic , but Chelsea is a different matter

1-0 win I reckon

OS confirms that a meeting this Thursday (11th) will verify when our Semi final is to be played (either the 10th or 11th April), but I suspect it will be on the Saturday 10th.

Reason being is that the Europa quarter final 2nd leg is scheduled for Thursday 8th April and with the possibility of Fulham’s progression (in both FA & Europa cup) the FA will have to allow them sufficient rest time.

Just a thought, however Thursday will confirm things..

On this subject – Does anyone remember what time the semi final’s kicked off last year..? i.e. are they usually 3pm…?

UTV…!!!

We were destined to meet them at some point surely! I would rather play them in the semi than the final TBH. If we lose this then it's only one day of expense and not as disappointing as losing in the final itself. if we win then we have nobody at all left to fear and we can all look forward to a final in which we have a much better chance of winning.

As for the game against Chelsea, I think we will win. They have to go away to United the week before and they have Spurs away the week after. Also, midweek between the Utd game and playing us, they could possibly have the 2nd leg of the Chapions league quarter final to play, should they get past Inter!

All in all, they will have a much tougher schedule around the time of the semi and hopefully it will have taken it's toll on them by the time they play us.

nail on head big time.

the timing of the SF is key with respect to their fixture list like you say.

i'm much more optimistic about beating them in the semi than i am the final.

On this subject – Does anyone remember what time the semi final’s kicked off last year..? i.e. are they usually 3pm…?

The Saturday semi won't be 3pm John as that would clash with the league programme and TV are unable to run a game @ 3pm on Saturday. I would guess around 12.30am.

The Saturday semi won't be 3pm John as that would clash with the league programme and TV are unable to run a game @ 3pm on Saturday. I would guess around 12.30am.

12:30am? Don't know if I'll be able to stay up for that!

12:30am? Don't know if I'll be able to stay up for that!

:oops: I wondered about that as I wrote it NS and I still got it wrong - stupid is as stupid does. :winkold: But, who knows the later kick off may suit other TV time zones around the world and one day it just might happen after all who would have thought semi finals would be played at Wembley rather than at neutral grounds and at times and days other than Saturday at 15.00 (the safe option) :lol: 30 years ago?

Villa's FA Cup semi-final clash against Chelsea has been confirmed for Saturday April 10 at Wembley Stadium.

The clash between Martin O'Neill's team and the current Cup holders will kick-off at 5pm.

The other semi-final tie between Portsmouth and either Fulham or Tottenham Hotspur, takes place the following day at 4pm.

Link

I already am committed to attend to a party on 10th of April in Coventry. So I think I will be watching it on TV. Shame it is not on Sunday. Arrgghhh.

I feel to get up at 5am - go to work, then travel to Wembley then watch semi final and then travel to Coventry for a party and late night out will be too much in one day.

It is a very special salsa party with a superstar Magna Gopal coming from New York to UK for one off special event.

I already am committed to attend to a party on 10th of April in Coventry. So I think I will be watching it on TV. Shame it is not on Sunday. Arrgghhh.

I feel to get up at 5am - go to work, then travel to Wembley then watch semi final and then travel to Coventry for a party and late night out will be too much in one day.

It is a very special salsa party with a superstar Magna Gopal coming from New York to UK for one off special event.

Hmmm.....

Salsa party

or

Watch villa in a Semi final against Chelsea at Wembley

I know which i'd rather be doing!! :P

Hmmm.....

Salsa party

or

Watch villa in a Semi final against Chelsea at Wembley

I know which i'd rather be doing!! :P

:lol:

Legendary 10 where is this Salsa party you talk of? I love Salsa, especially on pringles, i reckon i might pop down for the crack. Do we need invites or can anyone just turn up, should we bring booze?