FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

Depending on their side, if they play players like Ballack, Deco etc we can hit them on the counter with our pace and tire them in the last third of the game. If we play 4-5-1 with delph in midfield, we can beat them with our men in midfield and dunne + collins/cuellar double up on Drogba.

I'd be surprised if he does start to be honest as he didn't against us or United.

The only possible weakness I can see is their right back Ferreira. You'll notice Young set up the goal from that side when we played them and Nani also set the goal up from there.

Overall though they are pretty awesome!

If we give it our all then I for one will be proud of the players. We can beat them but I just don't think we will. No shame in that though!

I'd say Chelsea's weakness is vulnerability at the back, it has been a recurring problem all season, plus John Terry has look restricted in his mobility, if Petrov lays a ball off for Gabby or even Ashley Young, he wont catch'em, plus Carew who can just blitz anyone out of nowhere.

And like above, if they play Ballack or Deco, we have our pace.

The man I'd personally keep an eye on at the back is Zhirkov but thats it.

Other than that they are a fine side as the gaffer said.

What do people think are Chelsea's weaknesses?

I think Chelsea are probably the most well rounded sides in the Prem, think that's there strength, if there is a window of opportunity its not there weakness its our strength that gives us a chance.

We need our pace players Gabby and Ash to put pressure on there central midfield and back 4, pinning the Chelsea side back taking pressure of our back 4, then we need our target man to be focused for every chance to convert if and when that rare chance comes up for us...and grab it, i think an early lead for Villa is vital, and i could go 4-5-1 with Gabby up front just to start, its important IMO that Chelsea are a product of being an Ancelotti side, 1-0 is just as good as 7-1, we need to exploit that IMO.

What do people think are Chelsea's weaknesses?

I think Chelsea are probably the most well rounded sides in the Prem, think that's there strength, if there is a window of opportunity its not there weakness its our strength that gives us a chance.

Pace at the back is about their only negative, especially with Cole out. If they go Ivanovic and Ferreira at full back we should really look to run at them.

Goin to watch this on tv as me legs won't carry me too far anymore, but i just can't see us beating Chelsea. If young Martin gets the play right with a extra midfielder, then we might cause a shock and i'll drop my high wasters in front of the tv and wiggle me yfronts, but i just cant see it. Come on you boys make an old man happy and let me neighbours see me jockstrap.

We can take 'em.
That we can.

I get the feeling the players will still feel so humiliated from that 7-1 defeat that they'll play with a tenacity we wouldn't see if it was against any other team.