The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I'm only going on what the assistant said in the Orange shop last week.

Either way, if they don't issue that phone by the time my upgrade happens, then I'll be off somewhere else to get one.

It's ridiculous how only one company can have the rights to a certain phone if everyone else wants one, it must be costing apple a few quid surely?

O2 would have paid Apple bucket loads for that contract.

Also, it makes the item 'luxury and exclusive' as not everyone can get one, good marketing ploy !

Yeah I'm sure that's the situation, but it's still shit though :cry:

It's ridiculous how only one company can have the rights to a certain phone if everyone else wants one, it must be costing apple a few quid surely?

I doubt it. O2 would have paid Apple an absolute shitload for that contract.

Apple will sell nearly as many phones, and any deficit in phones they don't sell would have been made up by the cost of the contract initially.

Some good applications I've downloaded recently:

Remember The Milk - If you are as absent minded / blonde as me, you will appreciate this handy little calendar reminder / task manager.

Flixster - Films & showing times at your local cinemas. This neat little app uses your current location to download the info from all of your closest cinemas and tells you the showing times. It also lets you watch the trailer, which is ace.

Ebay - Standard really, much like the Facebook app. But I thought it was worth a mention because it really is a well presented application with a very user friendly interface, I actually prefer browsing ebay on my iphone, even if I'm in front of the laptop. It seems more simple. (I was bidding on the cutest playboy bustier handbag last night and I wasn't at home, thanks to this app I didn't miss a trick and won the auction from the comfort(!) of my seat on the train, yippee! I say seat... I mean corner of the corridor...)

Accountr - This is a nice little money management application that is so simple, it's genius. Allows you to log everything you earn & spend. A spend can just be a few clicks, so if you make a fair few purchases a day, it's not hard to keep them logged. Good to realise how quickly it all mounts up and try and keep a hold on those finances.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Urban Spoon is great, especially if you have another half and don't know wher eto go for dinner.

ifooty is good for footy news and results

facebook obviously

wunder radio for anyone who listens to a lot of radio

Google Earth is brilliant

Remote - turns your iphone into an itunes remote for your computer

Also, an aoppplication called Allowance which automatically logs into your O2 account and tells you how many minutes and texts you have left and how long they have to last you. Pretty handy.

Do you have to have a Mac to have remote?

Is there an app to view phpBB forums? Wondering if theres one to make viewing here & others easier.

No (in regards to remote) just make sure you have the programme 'Bonjour' and Wifi

To watch I presume Nayson?

Aye, got it sorted now.

Just installed the Last FM app. Its fantastic! Its pretty much the same thing as the website, but as my PC is downstairs its not the most portable thing in the world. Nice to just connect to my WLAN and be able to use the facility upstairs and when the weather gets a bit better back out in the back garden.

Mine's 35 a month. 600 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited internet.

Funny thing happened to mine today. The battery symbol said it's been full for the past 3 days. I thought that was too good to be true but I haven't been using it much so I let it go. Then today it died and had zero battery even though moments before it had said it was full. Not a big problem and it's not doing it anymore, but a strange one.

Nah, it can play any .mp4 file. You just have to add it to your iTunes library manually.

Open iTunes. Press ctrl & O. Select the file you want to add, and add it. You will need to wait a few seconds, depending on how big the video file is. Then it should sync normally.

Â