The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Need some help on the iPhone - my friend has her itunes account all set up (works on itunes) but as soon as she tries to use the app store / itunes on the phone it just doesn't work. Keeps saying "app store is unavailable" every time!

I have an iphone and mine works fine!

Need some help on the iPhone - my friend has her itunes account all set up (works on itunes) but as soon as she tries to use the app store / itunes on the phone it just doesn't work. Keeps saying "app store is unavailable" every time!

Can she connect when it's connected to the computer. She may be having trouble connecting if she hasn't got a strong enough 3G signal. It sometimes does that with me but I leave it a few minutes or wait for a stronger signal and it usually connects.

It's on a T-Mobile tariff- just been googling, seems that might be the problem. Seems to be that T-Mobile might have blocked access to the app store via it's network. Didn't try via wifi so I'll get on that later.

Thats just a link to the store Rev..

I know. :)

care to enlighten us? :thumb:

Its Peggle. And if you cant see that video either then this quote will have to do:

"Peggle; I wouldnt say I like it in the same way that an alcoholic doesnt usually claim to 'like' alchohol.... If you are a husband you could buy a copy for your housebound wife then maybe she will stop badgering you for sex... "

Its just a great ten minute portable game.

It's on a T-Mobile tariff- just been googling, seems that might be the problem. Seems to be that T-Mobile might have blocked access to the app store via it's network. Didn't try via wifi so I'll get on that later.

You can't have an iphone on a T-Mobile tariff as T-mobile dont do the iphone. I can't see why it would be t-mobile blocking the phone, be no skin off their nose, its just network useage which incurs a charge I presume. O2 and Apple are more likely to block as they are the ones that have signed the exclusivity deal and they are the ones with the vested interest to block the phone as they aren't making any money out of the airtime

She got it in Dubai when she was over there, now she just moved back here - and got involved with a T-Mobile sim - everything about it works fine, just can't connect to app store + itunes on the actual phone

DL'ed peggle on Rev's recommendation. Cracking little game, very addictive. Wasn't too impressed with Drop& though, thought that was a bit shit.

Got Playman Track and Field recently. It's quality. Used to have the old one on my old old old nokia, this one's just as good.

Only downside is, as far as I can tell, Javelin is pretty much impossible.

currently hooked on Airport Mania ..there is a lite version but i invested 59p and bought the full download

very repetitive after a while but the inner child in me just loves the noises the planes make and the little plane graphics

Did anyone see the iphone baby app that has been pulled .. it had a picture of a baby and you shook the phone to quieten it ...(i.e kill it :shock:)

It was supposed to be an app for those ever frustrated by screaming babies on a bus or train but they obviously didn't think it through

Is there any news on whether Orange will be selling iphones?

I dont want to have to change my number ideally.

You don't have to, just give them your PAC code and they'll do a number port.

Â