The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Soooooo slightly off as im on about the Ipod Touch BUT.

Im going to florida and saw the ted baker portable charger by Proporta on ebay for £10. It says it charges Ipods. WICKED> that 9hr flight will fly by with me watching movies on my itouch.

So it turns up today. Charge it, plug it into my phone. Works. Plug it into my 30GB old Pod. SORTED. New itouch. Nothing. Zip.

ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

So got to send it back and start looking again! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Who you flying with. I flew over to the states the other week with Continental and they had a really good an expansive on demand films/games/TV shows for every seat. I wouldn't worry too much about your touch, it'll fly by.

Iphone has so many simple things wrong with it that make it poor. It cant do half of the simple phone tasks.

My phone poos all over it and looks sweet too. HTC touch HD. Never look back at the lousy iphone again :)

that looks nice, what network?

p.s. sorry for the OT ness.

Iphone YAY!!!

an actual iphone question.

Does anyone have an ipod and a iphone. Isnt it a pain to sync these as you want different on each??

Not sure what you mean? Is it hard to get different stuff on your ipod than your iphone? no, not at all. You can sync them with your itunes independently so there's no problem.

an actual iphone question.

Does anyone have an ipod and a iphone. Isnt it a pain to sync these as you want different on each??

I don't find it a pain at all. I have different playlists made, and the ones for my iPhone I begin with ZZ so they appear at the bottom of the list (just the way I like to do it, but it's easy to organise it any way really..)

When you sync just select to sync selected playlists only and the iPhone/iPod remembers which ones you selected for next time.

So now when I plug my iPhone in it won't sync with any playlists I made for my iPod, and vice versa.

For example, when I plug my iPhone in it will sync with my playlist 'ZZ 90s Britpop' but not with '90s Britpop', which was made for my iPod.

Which is handy as my iPod is 30gb and my iPhone is only 8, so obviously my phone playlists are smaller.

The App store..

And depends what you want.

I recommend:

Aroundme - will find pubs/petrol stations/resteraunts/etc.. within a certain distance of where you are at that moment with the phone's GPS. (Free)

Shazam - recognises music playing and will tell you artist, track, album, etc.. and give you links to the band or artists website, wiki, tour dates, etc.. (Free)

iFooty - get's all information from the BBC website. You get all english and scottish league tables updated with the BBC site, plus real time match reports and news. (Free) - Also one for cricket (iCricket) if that interested you.

TV Plus (if you have Sky Plus) - will give you Sky's TV listings, and even allow you to set it to record at home with the phone.. very handy if you go out and forget to set something to record (£4.99)

Lockbox Pro - keep all your passwords encrypted and secured by a password on your phone. There is a free one but the Pro one is very good encryption and will keep passwords safe. (£1.99)

Traffic UK - Traffic updates, pretty simple layout and will tell you of traffic issues around where you are at that moment. (Free)

Apps store is where you get all apps TRV.

I'd recommend:

ifooty: mentioned on the previous page, just basically a direct link to BBC football news specific for your team. very handy for quick reference.

Remote: Turns your phone into a remote for itunes

Facebook: obvious

Google Earth: again does what it says on the tin. GE on your phone.

ipity: bit of fun, just Mr T quotes!

Wunder Radio: if you listen to the radio I'd recommend this. Costs 3 quid though

Urban spoon: the restaurant one off the adverts

Allowance: links directly to your O2 account and tells you how many texts and minutes you have left.

Shazam: as I said on previous page, the app "listens" to any music that is playing say in a club or on the radio, and tells you what the song is and keeps a list of songs you've "tagged" in this way so you can download them later. My favourite app at the moment!

I don't like the Urban Spoon one.. I thought it was a odd choice to feature on their major TV advert.

But that's probably because I live in a town with quite limited options... I know all the places to eat around me, so any places I hadn't eaten before I found were too far away. Thinking about it though, probably good for a large city with more choice..

They're very good.

I've had mine since the start of August.

95% of my memory is full of music, I've about 1200 songs on there, and thats enough for me as most of the time I listen to my portable DAB, and I get easily bored with too much music and skip every other track.

The following applications I'd recommend.

m-Box Mail (Hotmail application £5.99 - Very worth it if your Hotmail is your main personal email)

eBay

WikiTap

Where

Google Earth

My Football

BBC Reader

Memory Stick

Palringo (IM Messenger)

Photobucket

Traffic Info

Â