The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Thats because you can unlock the iphone.

I run one on Orange.

Interesting. If you could answer the following questions, I'd be most grateful:

1) How much is the unlocking, or can you do it over the interntet?

2) Do all the features that are available on O2 work on Orange? The O2 people say it won't but they would say that. Given that under "Settings/Carrier" you can pick the network (mine worked on Vodafone in South Africa, and Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orange and 3 all appear to be available in the UK), I suspect they're telling porkies.

I've got an old 8GB 2G iPhone I want to sell, and it would be easier if it's available to all networks.

I run one on Orange.

2) Do all the features that are available on O2 work on Orange? The O2 people say it won't but they would say that. Given that under "Settings/Carrier" you can pick the network (mine worked on Vodafone in South Africa, and Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orange and 3 all appear to be available in the UK), I suspect they're telling porkies.

I've got an old 8GB 2G iPhone I want to sell, and it would be easier if it's available to all networks.

Its free done at your own risk, only bad thing that can happen is you lose contacts, rarely will it turn it into a brick if you do it properly using QuickPwn etc.

Mine just picks up my Orange sim and works fine, i have the same as the one you wanting to sell so couldn't comment on 3G but everything else works fine on mine. Txts, calls voicemail. You dont get id voicemail thats just for O2 other than that its fine.

The 1st Gen iPhone has been able to be unlocked for a year or more now, the 3G one has onnly been hacked recently.

Basically you download alittle program and put it DRC more i think it is and install the software on it. It will also be jailbroken, meaning you can play Playstation,NES,SNES emulators etc on there.

Remember the iphone is basically a computer running Mac OS X, so needs to be hacked differently than a normal phone.

I run one on Orange.

Its free done at your own risk, only bad thing that can happen is you lose contacts, rarely will it turn it into a brick if you do it properly using QuickPwn etc.

Mine just picks up my Orange sim and works fine, i have the same as the one you wanting to sell so couldn't comment on 3G but everything else works fine on mine. Txts, calls voicemail. You dont get id voicemail thats just for O2 other than that its fine.

The 1st Gen iPhone has been able to be unlocked for a year or more now, the 3G one has onnly been hacked recently.

Basically you download alittle program and put it DRC more i think it is and install the software on it. It will also be jailbroken, meaning you can play Playstation,NES,SNES emulators etc on there.

Remember the iphone is basically a computer running Mac OS X, so needs to be hacked differently than a normal phone.

Cheers fella - much appreciated.

I have just downloaded the coolest application on my iPhone.

It's called TV Plus, and if anyone has an iPhone and Sky+, I recommend you get it :) It's a fantastic TV guide which is synced with Sky's TV Guide, and you can set it up to record on your Sky+ box! So if you go out for the day and think 'Shit, I forgot to tape Lost tonight', you can just do it from your phone. Genius.

I have just downloaded the coolest application on my iPhone.

It's called TV Plus, and if anyone has an iPhone and Sky+, I recommend you get it :) It's a fantastic TV guide which is synced with Sky's TV Guide, and you can set it up to record on your Sky+ box! So if you go out for the day and think 'Shit, I forgot to tape Lost tonight', you can just do it from your phone. Genius.

Oooh...

What info do you need to put in the App to make it recognise your Sky+?

No you can't watch it on the iPhone, which is a shame :( But the interface is much easier than with normal phones.

You can just choose what type of show:

p-480-320-f9916f18-b374-430d-a194-17a01732cbc2.jpeg

Channel and time.

p-480-320-1adfc043-638b-4892-8a4a-06ba6e0e6093.jpegp-480-320-48989fdc-ec9a-478d-807a-3ab29fe5b8be.jpeg

and then press record.

photo_remote_record.jpg

Easy!

• 3 weeks later...

I got an iPod touch for my 30th a couple of weeks ago, its lovely. It probably means I will be getting myself an iPhone when my current contract expires (which oddly enough, is on my 31st birthday.)

My Orange phone upgrade is due in July, I'm told Orange are getting the iphone sometime in June, fingers crossed eh!

I'm willing to bet big that you've been lied to..

I would ring Orange now if I were you and double check.

People on Orange are often victims of scam artists. O2 signed an exclusive contract with Apple as far as I know.

People on Orange are often victims of scam artists.

Correct. IIRC Orange has the biggest "reseller" network of all 4 providers, with very little control over them

O2 signed an exclusive contract with Apple as far as I know.

That is correct.

Â