The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

its way to chunky for me. i dont like it

I think you would be surprised how little you notice the size once using it Dem :)

Its the little things like it knowing when you have removed the phone from your ear and turning the screen back on.

You can also have apps like this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of purchasing one of these little gadgets, but how good are they?

Are they just for prestige, or are they actually any good? I've searched the net for random reviews and it looks a tidy piece of kit, but you can never trust them totally.

So I thought where better to ask, than here at Villatalk, where your average man will give you the truth about what this phone is really all about!

Cheers.

I used to be a Nokia fan, never touched any of those Samsung or Motorolla things.

I'm now on my 2nd iPhone - a 3G one. No, there's not a fat lot of difference between the previous model, but it all comes down to what you want a phone for.

I used to carry around my own mobile, an electronic diary and an iPod. Now I don't have to - as it's all in one.

There are a few pro's and cons though.

Pro's:

1) The internet feature is brilliant - 3G is sometimes nearly as quick as WiFi.

2) iPod is great

3) Can now use normal headphones as the jack plug will fit

4) You can flog your old 2G one for about £200 on ebay

Cons:

1) Got to buy a new dock for it as its a different shape to the 2G one and it doesn't come with one.

2) You need to buy a good case / screen protector to keep it in any kind of decent condition.

3) Sometimes the touch screen doesn't respond that quickly - but most of the time its OK

4) The 3G signal coverage is still a bit patchy.

Why do you need a dock SDPH? I just plug mine into the mains or the usb and leave it lying on the desk. Then again I have a cover so it doesn't get scratched or slip. Can't think of another worthy reason to have one but thousands of people do so I might have missed one :D

We even played it the imperial march from star wars.. and it came up with 'London Philharmonic Orchestra - something or other in Bm (extract from the film "A New Hope", 1977)'

Insane.

Also worked with live stuff I've played... and it's managed it in a busy pub with people talking over the top and lots of background noise. Apparently you can do it with ordinary phones aswell, you dial a number but you pay per call, so to get it for absolutely free is brilliant :D

Â