The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

£100 per month Gabby.

Free everything - business tariff

:shock: I'm on business tariff and only pay £35 for mine ..think you need to call O2 and negotiate

Do you get free everything aswell?

I imagine if you do Tony, you have been with 02 since the day they formed or something??

I hope...

Nah, it can play any .mp4 file. You just have to add it to your iTunes library manually.

Open iTunes. Press ctrl & O. Select the file you want to add, and add it. You will need to wait a few seconds, depending on how big the video file is. Then it should sync normally.

Awesome, that's good news. Cheers Rev.

yeah unlimited calls ,text and interweb 3g thingy

I imagine if you do Tony, you have been with 02 since the day they formed or something??

not really , just told them I was thinking of going to Vodafone and could I have a PAC number ..you find the sales department give you a call then to see if there is anything they can do

not really , just told them I was thinking of going to Vodafone and could I have a PAC number ..you find the sales department give you a call then to see if there is anything they can do

I have done that in the past. Insist you are leaving and insist they post you the PAC number. In fact, wait until the PAC number turns up at your house but dont use it for a few days. They will phone you with a few improved deals.

yeah unlimited calls ,text and interweb 3g thingy

What shop was it from?

Soooooo slightly off as im on about the Ipod Touch BUT.

Im going to florida and saw the ted baker portable charger by Proporta on ebay for £10. It says it charges Ipods. WICKED> that 9hr flight will fly by with me watching movies on my itouch.

So it turns up today. Charge it, plug it into my phone. Works. Plug it into my 30GB old Pod. SORTED. New itouch. Nothing. Zip.

ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

So got to send it back and start looking again! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There is definitely a charging issue with the iphone / ipod touch. Since they went 3G there is not one single car charger etc that works. When I tried charging mine with my old ipod charger in car, I got a message sayng something along the lines of........."This device is not compatible with the iphone 3G". I have yet to see a mobile charging option for the 3G's and suspect there never will be

It is one of the drawbacks of the device for me

I have a USB slot on my car stereo. You're supposed to be able to plug a USB device (so Ipod or any other mp3 player) and listen to the music from it, but mine is **** and doesn't work.

It does, however, charge my iphone 3g with just the standard USB cable that comes with the phone.

There is definitely a charging issue with the iphone / ipod touch. Since they went 3G there is not one single car charger etc that works. When I tried charging mine with my old ipod charger in car, I got a message sayng something along the lines of........."This device is not compatible with the iphone 3G". I have yet to see a mobile charging option for the 3G's and suspect there never will be

It is one of the drawbacks of the device for me

I bought a ciggy lighter charger online bicks, works a treat.

The plot thickens from the Proporta (who make the Ted baker Six Pack) Website:

Ted’s Charging Kit powers and charges your phone, digital camera, iPod or any USB device (including iPhones and the Apple iPod Touch), wherever you are.

So my new theory is when i go to home to see if the USB cable that came with the itouch is what is needed and not the lead provided.

Fantastic App I downloaded today.

May have been mentioned on the thread already but I couldn't find it.

App is called Shazam. Basically if you hear a song, say in a club, and you don't know what it's called, you just start the aoo and it "listens" to the song and then tells you what it is in a matter of seconds. pretty amazing. It also provides links to download it from itunes and to youtube videos of it if applicable.

I alway shear songs on the radio and think "i'll download that later" and then forget completely later on. Now I can just "tag" the song, as they call it, and download it later.

My favourite App so far.

Yeah we've mentioned Shazam :) It's a service you can get on other phones but you have to pay per song.. with the iPhone it's totally free each time, and the app is free too. I love it.

It also works in amazingly poor sound conditions... in busy pubs with people talking... also has a huge database so can even find the more obscure lesser known stuff. I have no idea how it works but it is bloody brilliant.

My favourite app is iFooty. It grabs information from the BBC football website so i get latest tables/news/live match updates (from the BBC website and 606) Before I was struggling all the time with the BBC website and zooming in to read and everything... this makes it really really easy and quickly.

Iphone has so many simple things wrong with it that make it poor. It cant do half of the simple phone tasks.

My phone poos all over it and looks sweet too. HTC touch HD. Never look back at the lousy iphone again :)

Â