The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

i find the phone calls pretty quiet when speaking to people and not being able to forward on text messages is a bit of a bind when people send you funnies

the camera could do with a video option but as i barely use cameras on phones it's no big deal

but for being able to play cowabunga and moosentration it's top notch ..

oh and if you go abroad be careful with the data roaming etc otherwise you may get a large shock on your return

slightly OT but just ordered an ipod touch 1st gen from apple 16gb 159.00. I have an n95 as well so have the best of both worlds :D

iPhonesavior.com"]

"I Am Rich" Buyer Lashes Out At Media For Calling Her An 'Idiot'

debbie_norom_iphone.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA - Debbie Norom, who allegedly purchased the $999.99 "I Am Rich" iPhone app, has every right to be angry after several highly visible websites called the eight individuals who bought Armin Heinrich's highly controversial iPhone application from Apple's popular AppStore, 'idiots'. A post featured on Gizmodo called the now infamous 'Crazy 8', 'morons' and 'dumbasses' who fell for an idea some considered brilliant. Norom insisted she has no regrets purchasing the wildly popular "I Am Rich" application for her iPhone, lambasting the media as "Bastard people" for their vicious name calling.

"Bad things always happen to me, sometimes twice a day," said Los Angeles resident Debbie Norom, pictured above next to her Smart Car covered in bird droppings.

I love the fact that her name is "moron" spelled backwards.

Whats good about Iphone? (Ferris)

Everything apart from lack of MMS.

Music player = 9/10

Call making = 8/10

Wifi = 10/10 (I've got my phone set up on a few, hardly use 3G etc)

Applications/Games = 9/10

Keypad = 7.5/10 (Only because it predicts some of my words and changes it to something I don't want it to be!)

Camera = 8/10 (unless you really love 5MP cams etc)

E-mail etc = 10/10

So many other really good things about it, making this my fave phone ever (yes you can browse VT... ;-) )

recommended apps and games;

Ifooty

300 Bowl

Lightsaber (sorry!)

Adrpool

Real Football 09

Facebook

And and its great to use to catch up on episodes of TV you have missed, I have just addd Heroes S3E1,2,3 to my playlist!

I use MMS quite a lot. There is no reason for the iPhone not to have things like that. Its a lovely bit of kit, but there are some weird things. The Bluetooth is unnecessarily restrictive, the aforementioned MMS, the camera isnt all it could be and like most things Apple, its over priced. Am i right in thinking Flash is still blocked too?

Im not saying its a piece of shit, but Apple do do a very good job of convincing everybody that its the only good gadget of its type about when its not.

And that there is a ton of bird shit on her car window?

Part of me still thinks that interview is a fake.

The interview, IMHO, is definitely a fake.

The photoshopped image

Her name spells moron

an international Mensa member in France.

"Even an idiot knows not to install that crappy program even if it's free."

Am I stating the obvious?

First impressions - impressed! Have downloaded a few apps - lightsaber is funny! Anyone got any tips/other cool things to download for it. Found out how to save a picture from the net tonight (just press and hold on it) which i didnt think you would be able to do which is cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Was kindly given a 1st Gen iPhone the other day and jailbroke and unlocked it i now have it running on my Orange contract fine. :D

Great to use, the wi fi is very good, no 3g but never been bothered about the internet on a phone, just use a computer! :?

Any good apps to download, official ones and none official ones?

Was kindly given a 1st Gen iPhone the other day and jailbroke and unlocked it i now have it running on my Orange contract fine. :D

Great to use, the wi fi is very good, no 3g but never been bothered about the internet on a phone, just use a computer! :?

Any good apps to download, official ones and none official ones?

Spore is quite good fun.

Â